Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where can we read the current members logged in, the mods online too, and how many guests are viewing the forum? How is the forum doing, it seems like a shadow of its old self. Whoever made the decision to change software had no idea how functional the old program really was. I can honestly say I dislike this new experience that was supposed to bring excitement.

·
Super Moderator
5,535 Posts
I have to agree with Eddy on this. I figured I would get used to this layout but after a few weeks I've concluded it is a less than enjoyable experience.
I suspect the developers have never been around auto forums.......or they were trying to re-invent the wheel.
Might want to go back to the drawing board.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts
I think they just got cheap and didn't want to pay for vBulletin anymore.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
There's always dislike when a websight changes

Just have to get used to it cuz it's not likely to revert back.

This isn't the first forum I've been in that's changed.

It'll grow on you.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think they just got cheap and didn't want to pay for vBulletin anymore.
Could it be vBulletin is jacking up the price and forcing forum operators to seek alternatives, including DIY? It seems like lots of software vendors are going to a rent model instead of selling the object code outright which is a scary proposition for many uses. I think lots of users are re-thinking what software they use in their businesses.

As for the new software here, I hope the search tool gets some improvement :(

Doug

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts
Ah, that's a good point, it could be. I see a lot of forums still using older versions of vBulletin, though, so I'd imagine it's only if you want the newest kind (which you don't - half the **** (add-ons) doesn't work on it anymore)

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Like the Cruze ITself........,,,,.IT was a good run.

·
Super Moderator
7,682 Posts
Just to clarify, and in the event that there was any doubt, the moderation team was not consulted or otherwise a part of the deliberations that led to this software change.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Could it be vBulletin is jacking up the price and forcing forum operators to seek alternatives, including DIY?
The prices are on their website. Seems to me, if you can't afford their prices, you're not making enough to make a living at it. I think something about another post that indicated that it was creating a support issue. (Too much time fixing things.) That I can understand.

That's not to say I like the new forum. I find it loaded with fluff and useless frou-frou.

·
Administrator
1,413 Posts
Where can we read the current members logged in, the mods online too, and how many guests are viewing the forum? How is the forum doing, it seems like a shadow of its old self. Whoever made the decision to change software had no idea how functional the old program really was. I can honestly say I dislike this new experience that was supposed to bring excitement.
On the front page of the site, there is a link under top contributors that goes here.

In the left side navigation, you will see Online Members.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok I found it after about 20 minutes and countless clicks. Can I ask you this, any Admin will do, I see 4 members logged on and 351 visitors. Usually, we would have about 200 members and an average of 10,000 visitors. Where did those 9700 people go, and are all the Verticals that switched to this software experiencing an approximate 3000% loss in traffic?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts