Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Worst thing in a Cruze for me.....perhaps the thing that I'm not able to hold my elbow out from the window. Cruze is too wide for that and the windows lower edge too high. Best thing, well it generally is just a reliable and comfortable commuting vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best: fuel economy

Worst: no passive entry/push button start for diesel. Car also has a rattle in the passenger door--drives me insane

·
Registered
152 Posts
Best: Fuel efficiency, manual trans availability, looks, options. A very pretty girl complimented the color of my car recently, it made my day!

Worst: Thermostat on oil heater plug, front seat comfort and shape (causes me to slouch)
nitpicking stuff: door unlock button location, rough interior plastic paneling, no spare tire with Eco MT, potentially weak winter tires on Eco.

keep in mind I only have 1,200 miles

·
10,705 Posts
Best: Fuel efficiency, manual trans availability, looks, options. A very pretty girl complimented the color of my car recently, it made my day!

Worst: Thermostat on oil heater plug, front seat comfort and shape (causes me to slouch)
nitpicking stuff: door unlock button location, rough interior plastic paneling, no spare tire with Eco MT, potentially weak winter tires on Eco.

keep in mind I only have 1,200 miles
Lock button is to make it harder to coat hanger it, wheels are ok for winter but that's most cars with "all season" tires. Prius handles better with em because they are a thinner tire cutting through snow.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Best: Quiet, comfortable, good looking ride. Turbo! I would rank it one of the best cars GM has made, and way better than any competitors.

Worst: Paint quality. No trunk valet feature and no way to open it manually. No lock/latch on the gas cover. OnStar and XM cost more than they're worth. Dealer service department is horrible. Beam suspension sucks compared to independent suspension. No good place to put my phone.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The Good:
The Cruze has amazing road manners on the highway for it's price and size.
"Roll on" is insanely good when you back off the gas.
Great gas milage under most any conditions.
Well equipped for it's segment and price point.
Logical options and packages.
Diverse models.
Roomy front seat and trunk space.
Good visibility all around.
Pretty solid resale

The not so good:
A/C vent placement on console
A/C output
You can ****-near chip the paint off with your fingernail
Rear drums on the 1LT and below
Fabric on the dash and doors is odd and tough to keep clean
The center arm rest is about useless
Tight back seat legroom (I actually like this when my kid is away at college with it)
Stupid trunk release on fob only
Dash-mounted door locks are dumb

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Best: torquey 1.4 engine (great on mountain highways like the coquihala).

Worst: at low speeds, the engine feels held back, like the computer cuts boost around town or something. Pulls harder at speed, or when going from downhill to uphill quickly it will give you a big surge up the hill at low RPM. So the power is there...

41 - 60 of 88 Posts