Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
10,705 Posts
Best: torquey 1.4 engine (great on mountain highways like the coquihala).

Worst: at low speeds, the engine feels held back, like the computer cuts boost around town or something. Pulls harder at speed, or when going from downhill to uphill quickly it will give you a big surge up the hill at low RPM. So the power is there...
The power is there, tune lets you access it when you want above 2k or so rpms.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Registered
660 Posts
Best: So many things, MPG, the suspension, the manual trans "tightness" so to speak.

Worst: The paint quality and AC vent placement, theres no way to get the vents pointing just right to blast the driver with cold air >.<
LT, All-star package

Best: MyLink, perfect size, backup cam, MPG, 6spd, looks good for a cheap car, sunroof
Worst: scratchy interior dash material, gotta agree with the A/C's inability to hit the driver, not sure why the traction control is in place for a passenger to hit it
THIS! The freaking AC vents are retarded.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Like, mileage, my link, diesel motor.
hate the lack of trunk popper in car and door locks are in a dumb location, I still look on the door and so do my passengers. Of course 2015 addresses both

·
Registered
7 Posts
Best: 6 speed manual transmission that can make the 'lil 1.4 liter dance (and get 40+ MPG)

Worst: Center console that's in the way of quick shifts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best: Fuel mileage (we both have the diesel) 45-50 mpg on the freeway (which we are on most of the time due to work)
Worst: Chevy MyLink....it SUCKS! Not very user friendly and my iPhone 5 (one of the most popular phones on the planet) has trouble staying linked with it (same with my wife's car and phone) NO issues with Bluetooth connectivity on ANYTHING else we link the phone with...except MyLink.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Best: Ride quiet and comfy
Handling is good
Fuel economy
Torque (relative)
Huge trunk
Stylish interior
Express down on all four windows
Ease of maintenance/ repair

Least: No SS option with more performance
Little cramped between the front seats (console area small)
RC-car antenna
No interior trunk release
No SS option with more performance
AC needs refrigerant topping to function well
No SS option with more performance

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,734 Posts
Best: Fuel mileage (we both have the diesel) 45-50 mpg on the freeway (which we are on most of the time due to work)
Worst: Chevy MyLink....it SUCKS! Not very user friendly and my iPhone 5 (one of the most popular phones on the planet) has trouble staying linked with it (same with my wife's car and phone) NO issues with Bluetooth connectivity on ANYTHING else we link the phone with...except MyLink.
On that note, the non-MyLink radio sucks at phone connectivity too. It's constantly dropping off the USB connection on our iPhones...or freezing...or refusing to skip songs or show a playlist, and doesn't even recognize some Android phones. Heck, it doesn't even work with a USB drive alone that well.

·
10,705 Posts
On that note, the non-MyLink radio sucks at phone connectivity too. It's constantly dropping off the USB connection on our iPhones...or freezing...or refusing to skip songs or show a playlist, and doesn't even recognize some Android phones. Heck, it doesn't even work with a USB drive alone that well.
I couldn't even connect to the 14 LS radio in my loaner. I haven't tried to connect to my girl's 11 LS granted the phone found her car the second I left mine and jumped in hers.

14 MyLink seems to fix the issues 13 had on a trade off of annoying notifications if you have XM travelink.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Best - comfortable and quiet ride.

Worst - Weak AC (that kills all engine power) and vent placement. When it does get going, it freezes my hand. Bah.

Sent from Bill the WonderPhone
One of two problems will cause this, either a condenser plugged up with debris or you are overcharged. Air conditioning does not work without sufficient air movement, pressures get sky high.

Cruze was loaded with insects yesterday, that Turtle bug and tar remover made this job a bit easier. But cleaning the condenser in this thing is a fist class pain in the butt. Been doing this since 1962, for most vehicles, just had to open the hood, then they started adding shrouds between the condenser and grille. Wasn't too bad on the 04 Cavalier, but can't do this on the Cruze, have to put the car up on ramps and work from underneath. One guess as to whose face those insects fall on.

If you really want to know what I hate about the Cruze, the lack of screws and the inability to unsnap parts without breaking them first. I also hate ABS, all these air bags, traction and stability control, and a way over price tire monitoring system. If you don't know how to drive a car, should never be allowed on the road. Also the worse car in the world for installing baby car seats.

DRL's are okay until you have problems with them, sure helps to be an electronic engineer as well as all the rest of these BMC controlled items. Always and always will hate storing firmware in flashram. But every vehicle is this way since 1996. This has got to be one of the dumbest moves in automotive history.

Same with R-134a, yet to be proven R-12 was actually depleting the ozone layer, but even at this less than 2% of the total CFC production was used in automotive. Another pain in the butt, have to completely flush out the system if opened for any reason, or get an acid that eats away on the aluminum. A lot more maintenance work, if that parallel flow condenser plugs up, only choice is to pitch it. R-12 was super easy. Also hate in tank fuel pumps and always will, another really stupid idea where dey all do dis.

Outside of these minor inconveniences, really like my Cruze, and will be happier once I get plated rear calipers, still waiting on this issue.

Ha, another bad joke is their shop manual, obviously written by attorneys and English majors that don't know crap about a a car. Ha, and GM trained mechanics, must still be using a 30 Olds as their teaching model. As a 12 year kid, knew how to work on these.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,734 Posts
One of two problems will cause this, either a condenser plugged up with debris or you are overcharged. Air conditioning does not work without sufficient air movement, pressures get sky high.

Cruze was loaded with insects yesterday, that Turtle bug and tar remover made this job a bit easier. But cleaning the condenser in this thing is a fist class pain in the butt. Been doing this since 1962, for most vehicles, just had to open the hood, then they started adding shrouds between the condenser and grille. Wasn't too bad on the 04 Cavalier, but can't do this on the Cruze, have to put the car up on ramps and work from underneath. One guess as to whose face those insects fall on.

If you really want to know what I hate about the Cruze, the lack of screws and the inability to unsnap parts without breaking them first. I also hate ABS, all these air bags, traction and stability control, and a way over price tire monitoring system. If you don't know how to drive a car, should never be allowed on the road. Also the worse car in the world for installing baby car seats.

DRL's are okay until you have problems with them, sure helps to be an electronic engineer as well as all the rest of these BMC controlled items. Always and always will hate storing firmware in flashram. But every vehicle is this way since 1996. This has got to be one of the dumbest moves in automotive history.

Same with R-134a, yet to be proven R-12 was actually depleting the ozone layer, but even at this less than 2% of the total CFC production was used in automotive. Another pain in the butt, have to completely flush out the system if opened for any reason, or get an acid that eats away on the aluminum. A lot more maintenance work, if that parallel flow condenser plugs up, only choice is to pitch it. R-12 was super easy. Also hate in tank fuel pumps and always will, another really stupid idea where dey all do dis.

Outside of these minor inconveniences, really like my Cruze, and will be happier once I get plated rear calipers, still waiting on this issue.

Ha, another bad joke is their shop manual, obviously written by attorneys and English majors that don't know crap about a a car. Ha, and GM trained mechanics, must still be using a 30 Olds as their teaching model. As a 12 year kid, knew how to work on these.
It's been charged, evacuated and recharged again, and had a compressor and expansion valve replaced.

The A/C is just weak. It's cold, and works great when it's under mid-80's outside and you're zipping down a road at speed, but you don't get a ton of airflow unless you crank it to fan speed 4 and/or shut the passenger side vent. Vent placement doesn't help. This system also does not do well in high-humidity environments or heavy stop-and-go traffic.

·
Administrator
25,372 Posts
It's been charged, evacuated and recharged again, and had a compressor and expansion valve replaced.

The A/C is just weak. It's cold, and works great when it's under mid-80's outside and you're zipping down a road at speed, but you don't get a ton of airflow unless you crank it to fan speed 4 and/or shut the passenger side vent. Vent placement doesn't help. This system also does not do well in high-humidity environments or heavy stop-and-go traffic.
Aim your driver vents at the insides of your wrists. There's very little body insulation there and it will definitely cool you down.

·
10,705 Posts
Sometimes I aim it at the drivers window and close the passenger side ones most the times I just roll windows down for the 1st part of the drive while a/c is on till it starts blowing cool air.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
It's for your co-pilot to hit it or, overseas RHD car design. be glad it's not a Ford Focus, that **** is buried in a menu
On RHD it is to the left of gear leaver, yet gearshift layout is the same, go figure. I have never turned it off as the wheels would spin on the painted lines on the road when the turbo kicks in.

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
Worst feature for me is both wing mirrors are curved, I like flat to better judge distance (ex truckie) best is the rest of the car.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts