Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
10,705 Posts
On RHD it is to the left of gear leaver, yet gearshift layout is the same, go figure. I have never turned it off as the wheels would spin on the painted lines on the road when the turbo kicks in.
Same or worse for me before tune. I can't do much til I'm in the middle of the intersection. Seems like tune is faster than traction control's reaction.
Maybe we can all swap trim to put it on our side then. I used to use the tc light on the console to see I was in 6th at a glance. M

Worst feature for me is both wing mirrors are curved, I like flat to better judge distance (ex truckie) best is the rest of the car.
I forget both mirrors are concave. You would figure they would not have both like that for RHD.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just picked mine up yesterday, but: Best = gentle yet firm ride, noise level (lack of noise), solid feel, solid "thunk" when the doors are closed, quality leather, pleasant interior lighting, looks, interior room (for a small car), connectivity features (great compared to my 08 BMW that I traded in). Worst? So far: tricky to get in or out without bumping into the door frame, no change holder, lack of decent storage space/cubbies, small rear view mirror(s), glove box is hard plastic (things rattle around in there)! ALSO worst - this forum's format, not letting me make paragraphs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hands down the MyLink (specifically the bluetooth). Upgrades only come from Chevy instead of me downloading it? Weak. Getting the bluetooth to link is a 5 minute ordeal that requires a specific order of operation (close pandora, disable/enable bluetooth, wait for link to media, open pandora, wait for it to play, go back and forth in the MyLink menu until pandora is illuminated, play music, hope it doesn't sputter, etc)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hands down the MyLink (specifically the bluetooth). Upgrades only come from Chevy instead of me downloading it? Weak. Getting the bluetooth to link is a 5 minute ordeal that requires a specific order of operation (close pandora, disable/enable bluetooth, wait for link to media, open pandora, wait for it to play, go back and forth in the MyLink menu until pandora is illuminated, play music, hope it doesn't sputter, etc)
- Wait until you test the 1st gen radio system. Absolutely horror! Not only does it have major issues trying to FF or REW large MP3 files; it also doesn't play back any other format than MP3 (or wav if you're lucky). Indexing takes a long time too.
- Also the heater core is constantly leaking (at least, coolant fluid said to come off the heater core).
- Lots of people also complained about 3rd to 4th gear synchro problems (sticky gears).
- Gen 1 had a dangerously slow transmission (about 4 seconds shifts, for overtaking on the highway, and about 12 seconds when going downhill a ramp in 1st gear, before it jolts into 1st gear, at speeds well over 20MPH).
- Poor power in hot weather.
- Not enough window tinting from the factory in hotter climates.
- Very poor AC, barely able to cool down the cabin at over 85F outside temps.
- The added door tweeters of the 6 speaker system, aren't calibrated.
- Foggy windshield when temps temps are between 75 and 85F with high humidity.
- Rough idle (especially when AC is on) RPMs can drop below 750RPM (they're actually good above 800). I wish it had an adjustable air intake butterfly valve, that you could just add a tad of opening.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,736 Posts
Gen 2 Premier

Best:
-Rear cross traffic alert is amazing in parking lots full of SUVs and minivans.
-Great HVAC. Sometimes the blower fan is a little bit loud on auto heat setting.
-overall powertrain refinement
-8" Mylink system is among the best in the business. Bose audio is pretty good too.

Worst:
-Lane keep assist is useless, as is collision alert
-Numb steering
-Ride quality on 18"s is stiff
-Transmission programming in 20-30 mph range is utterly annoying. Jerky and constant up/downshifting in this speed range.
-Auto start/stop could use a 2 sec delay and I'd be happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
2014 with RS package

Best: Z Link axle. Huge improvement over conventional twist beam over rough roads. The car tracks straight no matter how severe the washboard road.

Worst: side mirrors with huge blind spots. Need convex mirrors. One of these days I'm going to order convex mirrors from Europe.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Searching for another thread found this one. Hmm for my gen 2

BEST:
Gas Mileage - It's pretty great having a car that gets over 40mpg. I've never experienced that before I got my cruze so this is a huge perk.
Ride quality - I test drove pretty much every car in this class and short of the VW GTI, nobody else was really close when it came to ride quality, noise levels, and fit and finish. They really put a ton of money into the gen 2 and it shows.
HVAC: people complain about the window fog in this car and it certainly happens especially if you have some friends in the car but I've never had to wait more than a few seconds for it to clear up if I crank the fan up a few notches. Heat is amazing, I opted for heated seats which are wonderful. Plus it's very easy to use.

WORST:
Auto Start Stop: while I don't take big issue with it like a lot of users here do, it is certainly frustrating at times like when I stop briefly to parallel park and it shuts off on me or when I'm starting the car and i pull up to a light that is changing green and it shuts off. These things aren't deal breakers by any means but they could definitely be implemented better. What's frustrating is that in theory with drive by wire, these things could be firmware updates ala Tesla but I guess we're not quite there yet with the big automakers.
Cramped engine bay: just as far as repairs are concerned, they really packed everything in there with the slanted nose and pretty severe rake of the windshield which covers the strut towers, etc. My car is still pretty new so I haven't had any mechanical repairs yet (knock on wood) but I'm dreading it a bit when the time comes for me to start fixing things on it.
Android Auto/Apple Car play: they only work when plugged in which is a minor annoyance, but it's a daily annoyance which are the worst kind. Everything works great, but there is no **** good reason that they don't just work wirelessly with bluetooth. This might not be on chevy though, I"m honestly not sure. But it's frustrating nonetheless.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts