Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard Blasirl. I can't get there this weekend but probably can the next. Are they all the exact same size? My 2010 is a 'JG' then the following year they started the 'JH' model..
I would be interested in one too.
As far as I have seen, Holden used the same airbag module from 2009 through at least 2015 on both the JG and JH models so the covers would be the same.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,500 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard Blasirl. I can't get there this weekend but probably can the next. Are they all the exact same size? My 2010 is a 'JG' then the following year they started the 'JH' model..
Wonderful. I need black, but if they are difficult to find, I will entertain a tan one.

I would be interested in one too.
As far as I have seen, Holden used the same airbag module from 2009 through at least 2015 on both the JG and JH models so the covers would be the same.
Good to know as I was not sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yeah the jg and jh should have the same wheel. The airbag assembly itself is easy to remove with a pair of small flat blade screwdrivers through two holes in the back of the wheel. The hard part is removing the cover from the airbag module. It's nearly impossible without a dremel tool or very sharp hobby knife. I still dont know how mine got through customs with the bag attached but it would be best to remove the bag if possible to avoid issues with customs.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,500 Posts
Yeah the jg and jh should have the same wheel. The airbag assembly itself is easy to remove with a pair of small flat blade screwdrivers through two holes in the back of the wheel. The hard part is removing the cover from the airbag module. It's nearly impossible without a dremel tool or very sharp hobby knife. I still dont know how mine got through customs with the bag attached but it would be best to remove the bag if possible to avoid issues with customs.
Here is how I removed it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got more parts in today! My RS bumper arrived along with my fog light bezels, my aussie plate holder, and my Aero Blitz front splitter!

Gonna be lots of cutting and drilling to install the front splitter, rods, holden grille, and front license plate before I take it in for paint....
While I have the bumper off, I'll swap out my headlights to the winjet ones I bought, and upgrade my horn to the Wolo air horn I bought last week.
Also have custom decals on the way, going to carbon wrap the center part of my hood and front bumper and I have a silver lion decal that will go on the hood.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts