Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week my Cruze didnt want to start. I pumped the throttle and it started. Throughout the week it did it a few more times but started. Today i went to the car wash. I turned my car off and then...it wouldnt start again. I dont know what is going on. I am stranded at the gas station waiting for my local dealer to call me back. Seems like its not getting fuel to the engine. Meaning it could be a few things. This is crazy. The car has ~43000 on it and i have never had this issue. I thought maybe it wad bad fuel but i guess not.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
So many variables here...fuel that has water in it or a restricted filter are simple possibilties.

Fuel pump not making enouph pressure is another.

No guesses on this one....let the dealer perform their tests.

Please post with the results.

Rob

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh i will let y'all know how things turn out. Right now i am waiting on the towing service.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the dealer wont be able to diagnose my car until the 31st and i cant get a loaner car because i am out of the bumper to bumper warranty. I am sorry but fuel sending issues shouldnt happen on a car with less than 50k miles.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
So the dealer wont be able to diagnose my car until the 31st and i cant get a loaner car because i am out of the bumper to bumper warranty. I am sorry but fuel sending issues shouldnt happen on a car with less than 50k miles.
I truly apologize for the unexpected concerns with your Cruze! Please do let me know if you need any additional assistance with this. I would be happy to reach out the dealership on your behalf. I'm just a private message away!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I just went through this it might be the EGR valve. not a cheap fix 700.00 not under warranty. Had 52000 on mine when it went out. let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just went through this it might be the EGR valve. not a cheap fix 700.00 not under warranty. Had 52000 on mine when it went out. let us know how it turns out.
Sounds fun. I just hope that my dealer will work with me on payments or something. This could not have happened at a worse time.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
My guess is that the dealer will shot gun a fuel filter just to rule out water in fuel. If it is a low pressure fuel feed pump I hope that it stays failed. Nothing will be more frustrating if this car starts right up when they get around to working it. I hope it posted a code to help them. Did you get a check engine light ? Do you smell raw fuel in the cabin ?

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Why no GMPP?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow, I thought that the egr was covered by the engine 100 miles warranty since it's part of the engine and needed to make the engine run. If it's not how about the warranty on the turbo, intake/exhaust sensors? Drivetrain should cover those since to me they're not consumables as belts and filters.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Wow, I thought that the egr was covered by the engine 100 miles warranty since it's part of the engine and needed to make the engine run. If it's not how about the warranty on the turbo, intake/exhaust sensors? Drivetrain should cover those since to me they're not consumables as belts and filters.
I completely agree, it's a sham if the EGR valve isn't covered under powertrain warranty. On the bright side if it becomes a finicky part just like on the VW's at least we'll be prepared and can just remove it our self to clean when it gets gunked up. Shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Everything that is covered by the powertrain warranty(5year 100,000 miles) is covered on the website below.
Chevy Warranty Information | Owners | Chevrolet

Engine
Engine coverage includes all internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, and lines. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (e.g., Active Fuel Management valve, lifter and oil manifold) cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, turbocharger, and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line), as well as the Engine/ Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Shouldn't the EGR fall under the 8yr/80,000 mile federally mandated emissions components warranty? I would push that. The EGR wouldn't exist if it weren't for emissions rules.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, I hope it ends up not being something expensive and that they are able to get you on your way soon. Please keep us posted. I just pulled out my warranty book and it looks like the "EGR Valve Cooler" is covered for 70000 miles, but the "EGR Valve" and other related components are only covered for 24000 miles.

I did not know this until now, but the federal emissions warranty is actually only 2/24, not 8/80 like everybody (including myself thought). It is only 8/80 on select components.

IMG_5709[1].jpg

Reactions: Tomko

·
Registered
594 Posts
IIRC, gasoline EGR valves were covered for 5/50 when I worked at the dealer 20 yrs ago.

Rockauto has the Delco EGR valve, PN 55593617, for $132.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well as of right now I am still waiting on them to get it in for diagnostics. I hope its nothing major, but I still feel a car that only has 43k miles on it shouldnt be doing this. Hopefully they can get it in on Monday. When they first took it in they said it wouldnt be until Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Ya'all would be well advised to stop speculating component failures.

All you are doing is creating brain damage for the OP based solely on WAG's.

As I said in the beginning.....could be something as simple as water fouled fuel, a not uncommon occurence becoming more prevelant as facilities that have never handled diesel fuel, let alone have a grip on water potental or temperature effects are coming online.

So, once again.....let the diagnosis occur and hold on the speculation......we, as a group, are not providing anything of value at this time.

Rob

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Rob take it easy, Boog opened this post maybe to have some inputs what's wrong with his ride. You were the first to speculate on the fuel pump and water in fuel so..., anyway don't take it bad but maybe Boog wants to know if it happened to anybody and how it was solved. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Well, for now, lets just sit back, hope the OP keeps us updated, and maybe add something to our knowledge base.

Rob

1 - 20 of 58 Posts