Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm running the Vifa NE25VTT-04 for the tweeters. How low should I be able to cross those? Should I cross them as low as I can? What about the woofers? How high should I cross them? The dsp plug in lets you select different points for each. I'm looking forward to putting the silver flutes in Thursday. How accurate would an rta app running on my phone be?

Your phone will be quite inaccurate. Do not rely on this as an RTA.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm not sure what speakers the parking assist is supposed to go through.

A few others of us have noticed the static too. I'm still not sure what the solution to it will be. It may be coming from the PAC harness, or it may be coming from the radio, but is more pronounced now that you have better speakers and higher gains on the amplifier. I'll be doing some experimenting later this year to see if I can make it go away.

What kind of voltage are the input sections of the amplifiers seeing with the stock headunit setup?

This could be a case where a balanced line driver is actually warranted.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well a line driver will only help if the noise floor is the issue from a weak input section. (almost obsolete with aftermarket headunits nowadays. I wasn't sure what these stock headunit setups are like though)

A balanced line driver will have a signal and its inverted signal. Any noise introduced into the system from headlights, defrosters, etc will be common among the signals and is filtered out. In addition to boosting the preout voltage (allowing for a lower gain to be used...leading to a reduced nosie floor)

If there is any noise in the system, it is important to use a balanced line driver rather than an unbalanced.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i697_line-drivers.html

there is a variety there depending on the application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.