Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been puzzling over this for some time and I finally figured it out. The fuel filter life in the DIC is set to 1000 Gallons of fuel used. Here are a couple pics you can use to validate my math.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
KNOWLEDGE is POWER...even if GM doesn't think it necessary to inform the owners.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
makes sense, I have around 3700mi and my DIC says 90% fuel filter left. If you look at my signature you'll see 100 gal fuel used would be about my mileage. I drive around town quite a bit.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Awesome sleuthing there Agent Diesel.

Reactions: diesel

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I assume the filter is considered a "consumable" item like an air filter and therefore has a cost for replacement. Curious as to what it costs to have it replaced.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Thanks for posting that information. I was wondering what it was using to determine that. I've been wordering why mine seems to drop so slowly, but I've been averaging just shy of 47 mpg for the life of my vehicle. So, I guess it makes sense that it's going to take me 45,000+ miles to use that much fuel at this rate.

80 bucks for the fuel filter? And I thought 22 dollars for the oil filter was expensive.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks for posting that information. I was wondering what it was using to determine that. I've been wordering why mine seems to drop so slowly, but I've been averaging just shy of 47 mpg for the life of my vehicle. So, I guess it makes sense that it's going to take me 45,000+ miles to use that much fuel at this rate.

80 bucks for the fuel filter? And I thought 22 dollars for the oil filter was expensive.
I obtained my oil filter for around 12 bucks and the fuel filter for around 80 from GM parts direct online. Delivered straight to my door in 2 days. Doesn't get any easier then that! All you need is the right part numbers and it's a piece of cake. It was a 10% cyber monday sale which basically made free shipping.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
$80? Ouch. Good thing it will take forever to get to 1000 miles
Two points.
1. It's gallons, not miles.
2. $80 part cost, but what is the labor cost if you are not a DIYer?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Two points.
1. It's gallons, not miles.
2. $80 part cost, but what is the labor cost if you are not a DIYer?
My bad. I meant gallons. 24 hours of traveling will do that to you.

I wonder what the cost will be as well. I couldn't imagine it costing more than $20 for them to install a fuel filter. Oil filter installations are almost free

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
What are the part numbers?
I believe he's asking: What are the replacement GM part numbers for the oil filter and diesel fuel filter?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I wonder what the cost will be as well. I couldn't imagine it costing more than $20 for them to install a fuel filter. Oil filter installations are almost free
That depends on where the filter is at and how difficult it is to get to. Also, are there line purge requirements? Be interesting to see what the labor standard is for that operation. Granted, it's only likely to be needed every 45,000 miles or so, but no one likes to be surprised.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
A 10mm socket will drop the aero panel underneath, unscrew, take out old filter, replace gaskets, put in new filter. Screw back together. Turn key over several times without starting car to prime system. DONE.

Shouldn't be much more difficult then the oddly placed oil filter.

Now the only fail about how it's located is if you were somewhere without jacks, stands, etc and your filter gels. You can't just replace it quickly in the field.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts