Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 14 Cruze with 1.4t, got the P0171 this morning. I still have a few months of powertrain warranty remaining. Are there any scenarios where the problem could be fixed for free or do I need to bend over?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks, I noticed I have 1k miles left on my extended emission warranty as well. I'm guessing if they try to blame it on O2 sensors those appear to be covered under that. Is that correct?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got the call... PCV valve just as expected they were going to charge me $220 and then I told them it should be covered under powertrain.

For once, I'm on the good side of the warranty expiration, I had 1 month and 1 day remaining.

I also gave them the bulletin so they could verify the intake manifold non-return valve was functioning properly.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So, I have a 14 Cruze with 1.4t, got the P0171 this morning. I still have a few months of powertrain warranty remaining. Are there any scenarios where the problem could be fixed for free or do I need to bend over?
I just got the call... PCV valve just as expected they were going to charge me $220 and then I told them it should be covered under powertrain.

For once, I'm on the good side of the warranty expiration, I had 1 month and 1 day remaining.

I also gave them the bulletin so they could verify the intake manifold non-return valve was functioning properly.
Well, I gave them the bulletinumber and they claim to have checked it.
View attachment 270741
Our '14 ECO (about 130,000 miles) had a slue of codes, about a month and half ago. P0171 & P1101 were the last two that we cleared yesterday by changing the valve cover ourselves. Part was $90, and took my son, daughter, and I about an hour to replace it, even with snapping one of the bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts