Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These new Dodge Dart commercials with actors Craig Robinson (Hot Tub Time Machine) and Jake Johnson (The New Girl) that have been popping up on TV are pretty funny. Have any of you seen them yet? What are your thoughts? (Commercial links below)

I really wish Chevy would make a commercial about the Cruze that's actually worth watching!! I swear the Marketing department at Chevy is doing a horrible job of marketing it's vehicles, especially it's small cars! The only commercials that remotely stick in my head are the ones done for the Silverado. And to come to think of it, I don't think I've seen one **** commercial for the Chevy SS!

Can I/we take Cristy Landy's (Marketing Director, Chevrolet small cars) job?!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHpflBpcF10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1HFtKyDf4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ4c6QcF3y4

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
+1 on terrible Chevy marketing.

Decent commercials, too bad the car itself is such a flop. And it isn't even the Dart's fault. Dodge screwed up the launch so bad and then moved the only decent engine (1.4T) to Aero model only. Another decent car ruined by typical Chrysler quality issues. Go check out the TrueDelta site for some laughs on the Dart reliability.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,534 Posts
+1 on terrible Chevy marketing.

Decent commercials, too bad the car itself is such a flop. And it isn't even the Dart's fault. Dodge screwed up the launch so bad and then moved the only decent engine (1.4T) to Aero model only. Another decent car ruined by typical Chrysler quality issues. Go check out the TrueDelta site for some laughs on the Dart reliability.
They ran a lot of Cruze commercials in 2012/13 during big events like football/basketball championship games (and the Olympics). Then a few here and there for the diesel, and very few this year.

As the (car) year is winding up, I have seen a huge push for getting 2014 Ford F150s, Fusions, and Camrys off lots to make room for the upcoming refreshed models in the fall - and not a whole lot else. Then again, I don't watch a whole ton of tv either.

Sent from Bill the WonderPhone

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
OK, so they have neat commercials. Would they make you buy one of those? They only sell about 7K of them a month, they have to do something to move those units off of the lots.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, so they have neat commercials. Would they make you buy one of those? They only sell about 7K of them a month, they have to do something to move those units off of the lots.
Having neat commercials for the Dart is more than I can say for what commercials Chevy has for the Cruze right now, lol!

No, as you know these commercials wouldn't make me personally buy one because besides the 8" touch screen and the cool tail light design, I think the Dart is ugly. Some of the sportier trims look okay but I still wouldn't buy one. Now if I was an uneducated car person who had no taste and didn't know any better I might buy it, lol! However, if I was on the fence about the Dart or didn't even know it existed until I saw these new Dart commercials, they might just persuade me enough to at least hit the dealership to check one out in person and give it a test drive it, lol!

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I take that back, I saw this one like 2 months ago.

New World - Chevrolet Cruze TV Commercial 2014, Song by Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch - YouTube

This one I happen to catch watching as a annoying add before a Cruze review video

Chevrolet Cruze TV Ad Commercial #1 9/10 - YouTube

Sent from my iFail 5s

Yeah, I've seen both of those commercials! I do remember liking the first linked commercial but it seemed to only play for a couple weeks and then it stopped. The second commercial is rather old I think and certainly forgettable, lol!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Yea ... Not a big fan of the cruze commercials. I do love how Chevrolet manages to bring up a Corolla in their commercial. Even though they are bashing Toyota it's still free advertising for them. First thing I'd do when I see that commercial is go compare the two just because they made mention of it lol. That is not good marketing.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
The Dart.. being RWD kills it for me.
- now that would be interesting, plus being an Alfa based chassis.

·
10,712 Posts
She can ride in my Cruze any day.

But I don't have wifi.

#firstworldproblems
Lol is that Mama Cruze!

Who, the mother or the girl who looks like she's all of 15?
Lol the mom dude. I think she just added me too!
Could always go Concept like Chevy Tru..
Chevy Tru 140S - Muscle version of Cruze ~ automotive|car|manufacture

Put some black and white.. would be interesting except from the side it looks like a **** Celica LOL

The Dart.. being RWD kills it for me. I need FWD for the winters. Cruze had the best all around appeal (personally)
That looks like what the Elantra should have been. Didn't think the darts were rwd? The new Chargers kinda look like darts tho.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
The new Chargers kinda look like darts tho.
That is exactly what Autoweek noted in a recent review. I think they were disappointed with the new body design. They were sure to note that the Hemi's were still available, so it would still be a decent car regardless of the bland look.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts