42lb injectors
Forge waste gate actuator
Should cost around 1700 for everything
Any tips much appreciated thx y'all so hyped I found this forum

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,703 Posts
That'll get you 20-22 psi of boost. The injectors aren't needed with the stock turbo and 93 octane gasoline. But, If you want more than that reliably and safely you need a bigger turbo, valve springs, and methanol injection or E85.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
With a bigger turbo and your list is thin it would be a more efficient set up. I’d get a bigger one when your Garry finally gives up the ghost. Now do take note that even really modded out, it’s not going to be a huge numbers engine.

I’d also not overlook your tires and brakes. Stock rubber imo sucks and even at stock diesel Tq I break BFG sport comp 2 tires lose if I even look at steering. The diesel abs bigger brakes but the gasser are smaller, however they make tons of pads and rotors options. I’d get hawk HPS 5.0 pads and hawk talon rotors but that’s me.

·
Super Moderator
3,703 Posts
Sweet so stick with my list and think about zzp big wheel turbo v3 and e85 flex fuel setup
If you want more than what the list gives you. Remember to upgrade those valve springs too along with the turbo if you go that route.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want more than what the list gives you. Remember to upgrade those valve springs too along with the turbo if you go that route.
Oh yeah ha I forgot to add that into the chat I just ordered the forge actuator and zzp downpipe and hopefully soon after I'll get the bnr tune along with the intercooler and then I'll think about bigger turbo and valve springs idk about e85 just because it's not easily available where I am so normal gas station gas maybe just higher octane I use 87 right now should I start using better?

·
Registered
174 Posts
You’ll see a difference in running 91/93 even without being tuned yet. Once tuned and running 93 you’ll see a huge difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You’ll see a difference in running 91/93 even without being tuned yet. Once tuned and running 93 you’ll see a huge difference.
Awesome I didn't know if 91 was even worth the money but if you say it is then I'll make the switch so when this thing is tuned it'll be wicked
By the way does anyone know how much this engine can handle before I have to start replacing connecting rods and pistons I definitely don't want to see my crankshaft sitting on my driveway one day lol

·
Super Moderator
3,703 Posts
Oh yeah ha I forgot to add that into the chat I just ordered the forge actuator and zzp downpipe and hopefully soon after I'll get the bnr tune along with the intercooler and then I'll think about bigger turbo and valve springs idk about e85 just because it's not easily available where I am so normal gas station gas maybe just higher octane I use 87 right now should I start using better?
The reason I mentioned methanol injection or E85 is that it will make the air/fuel mixture more stable under higher levels of boost (22+ psi) and will help prevent premature detonation.

Is this your only daily driver? I always recommend not modifying your only daily driver. In my experience Any heavy modifications (ie. Bigger turbo) will decrease the car's reliability.

·
Super Moderator
3,703 Posts
Awesome I didn't know if 91 was even worth the money but if you say it is then I'll make the switch so when this thing is tuned it'll be wicked
By the way does anyone know how much this engine can handle before I have to start replacing connecting rods and pistons I definitely don't want to see my crankshaft sitting on my driveway one day lol
I'm upgrading pistons and connecting rods at the same time as I'm upgrading the turbo and cams. The stock pistons already have issue under stock power.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's my daily for the time being but I'm getting a truck soon and when that happens it's big turbo time and probably at the same time I'll do pistons connecting rods and valve springs for now it's just the little things to get her started

·
Super Moderator
3,703 Posts
It's my daily for the time being but I'm getting a truck soon and when that happens it's big turbo time and probably at the same time I'll do pistons connecting rods and valve springs for now it's just the little things to get her started
Cool. Get ready for the investment if that's your plan. I'm at $8,600 in parts so far.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool. Get ready for the investment if that's your plan. I'm at $8,600 in parts so far.
Haha yeah I'm at least a couple Grand in on useless Amazon upgrades I've done over the past year to make the car look better and I just ordered wheels and tires I'll post sum sweet pics when they arrive it's like a totally different car

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,478 Posts
I'm upgrading pistons and connecting rods at the same time as I'm upgrading the turbo and cams. The stock pistons already have issue under stock power.
They do on the Gen 1’s?

·
Super Moderator
3,703 Posts
They do on the Gen 1’s?
Yes. With the piston rings and the ring lands. I think it was a bigger issue with the earlier models. But I've been told it was an issue with all LUJs.

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Yes. With the piston rings and the ring lands. I think it was a bigger issue with the earlier models. But I've been told it was an issue with all LUJs.

A economy car with marginally weak rotation assembly, say it ain’t so GM lol.

Reactions: JLL

·
Super Moderator
3,703 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,478 Posts
Hasn’t ZZP made like 280HP on stock internals though?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,478 Posts
Reactions: Blasirl
1 - 20 of 26 Posts