Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
10,711 Posts
If you guys are looking for a difference in 2014 and up, the maps are different than when this thread started. The new maps make 87 more friendlier where my 13 will stall in the winter on 87 and bog no matter how hard I try and launch off the line in the summer. Tuned I haven't had issues but I also have a 16 MPG city 93 octane tuned project car that originally was my DD so this isn't a financial hit for 93 every tank in the eco.

OP is tuned since then...

·
10,711 Posts
I'm not sure about down in your parts, but by me Marathon gas is crappy. It is the cheapest though. My gas mileage dropped like a rock over 5 or6 tanks, same route.
Yes to rehash what I said for about 3 or more years here. Octane alone won't help, you need a decent fresh supply of it.

If you are in an area of 87 only gas stations the Shell 93 Nitro and BP 93 Ultimate is most likely crap from demand being low. The 93 in those areas is priced too high due to them lowering the 87 prices to try and match the 87 only chains. Pretty much making anyone who does run 93 not buy it because it's almost $0.90 more per gallon than 87. My favorite place to get gas locally is blocks away from BMW Cleveland and Land Rover Solon. The 93 button is so overused it's wear patterns is equal to 87 in regular areas.

In short, even Top Tier stations can have crap gas depending on location and extremely low demand for 93. Winter blend also horrible for MPG.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts