Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow Cruze-brothers,

today i have learned from photos from the currently running Beijing Auto Show what abomination they are going to sell here. And frankly, i need to vent.
They have announced the RS-package as a China debut in 2016 on the Guangzhou Auto Show and displayed an US-spec RS package. See press release here:

Chevrolet Boosts Its China Product Lineup

Most of 2017 nothing at all happend. Which is when i did not wait any longer and ordered mine in autumn.
At the end of 2017 Chevy toured the Guangzhou Auto Show again with an US-spec RS, only this time a Redline, and they announced that this trim will also be available in China. See press release here:

Chevrolet Introduces Redline Special Edition Lineup for China

Not particularly a big fan of the Redline, but i have been desperately waiting for the RS-package.
Now what i get to see today is this:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Mid-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Mid-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Grille Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Auto show

No f*cking RS-Package!
Let's just paint the standard wheels, the mirrors, bowtie and some chrome trim black. Oh yeah, but not the window trim, let's just use the low level ones there. Let's put the trunk lid spoiler on so that we keep at least one promise. Then add some red lines and we're done. That pretty much concurs with the US-spec Redline. Except the obligatory ground effect kit and wheels for a sport model, you idiots!

The Buick Verano GS is how it's done. But this is an impudence!

You tried and you failed (again). This is not how you tackle decreasing sales.
Oh yes you can keep the 2019 RS-package, in case you didn't wanted to sell the old one just months before the refresh. That thing is fugly.
You messed up the Cruze refresh, the Camaro. Then you sell accessories and performance parts with huge delays just to withdraw them days later for unknown reasons.
Are you even trying or you do that sh*t on purpose. Name one thing you did right recently.
Even Korean car makers put more effort into their sport models.

I feel f*cking screwed over!
Either you get your dealers to special order the real RS kit or you lost me there from the Cruze and the brand. F*ck you very much.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
The Saturn Ion Redline had a supercharged engine and over 200hp.

A Cruze Redline would just need some suspension tweaks (got it, at least in US), bigger wheels (yep), the existing US-spec RS appearance package (yep), AND the existing 2.0T engine to eclipse the Ion Redline and Cobalt SS of ten years ago.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dear fellow Cruze-brothers,

today i have learned from photos from the currently running Beijing Auto Show what abomination they are going to sell here. And frankly, i need to vent.
They have announced the RS-package as a China debut in 2016 on the Guangzhou Auto Show and displayed an US-spec RS package. See press release here:

Chevrolet Boosts Its China Product Lineup

Most of 2017 nothing at all happend. Which is when i did not wait any longer and ordered mine in autumn.
At the end of 2017 Chevy toured the Guangzhou Auto Show again with an US-spec RS, only this time a Redline, and they announced that this trim will also be available in China. See press release here:

Chevrolet Introduces Redline Special Edition Lineup for China

Not particularly a big fan of the Redline, but i have been desperately waiting for the RS-package.
Now what i get to see today is this:

View attachment 261314 View attachment 261321 View attachment 261329 View attachment 261330

No f*cking RS-Package!
Let's just paint the standard wheels, the mirrors, bowtie and some chrome trim black. Oh yeah, but not the window trim, let's just use the low level ones there. Let's put the trunk lid spoiler on so that we keep at least one promise. Then add some red lines and we're done. That pretty much concurs with the US-spec Redline. Except the obligatory ground effect kit and wheels for a sport model, you idiots!

The Buick Verano GS is how it's done. But this is an impudence!

You tried and you failed (again). This is not how you tackle decreasing sales.
Oh yes you can keep the 2019 RS-package, in case you didn't wanted to sell the old one just months before the refresh. That thing is fugly.
You messed up the Cruze refresh, the Camaro. Then you sell accessories and performance parts with huge delays just to withdraw them days later for unknown reasons.
Are you even trying or you do that sh*t on purpose. Name one thing you did right recently.
Even Korean car makers put more effort into their sport models.

I feel f*cking screwed over!
Either you get your dealers to special order the real RS kit or you lost me there from the Cruze and the brand. F*ck you very much.

Umm, okay. Good Bye then. And hopefully we'll have some nice tariffs in place for American models before the next round.
Oh, and please mind your language or your government might kill you.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,826 Posts
Sure seems like an awful lot of anger about something very minor...

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,826 Posts
Yes, really. I saw nothing in your post worth getting even remotely worked up about.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me put it into perspective:
GM sold 2016 more Cruzes in China than in USA. In 2017 it was not even half of it. Than number is decreasing still, also keep in mind they struggle to sell the Cruze in USA too. China is traditionally a more attractive target for small sedans.

You don't lie about trims and keep you waiting for two years and in the end you don't offer it at all and do some hack-job as an apology. You just don't. Especially if everything is already there in large numbers on other markets. Maybe you can understand it if you know about the fog light availability in the US.
I can see that most of you folks are old-timers and not necessarily the target audience for sporty compacts, which is why it doesn't seem a big deal to you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, really. I saw nothing in your post worth getting even remotely worked up about.
OK... let's call the Redline some special edition with different color accents. That's totally fine.
But it is supposed to be a sporty model, which goes on top of the sporty RS package.
Now the RS package is not even available, which is my main argument. Kind of pointless to make a Redline then.
This is a poor substitute for a broken promise.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I am not Chinese, just living there and prevent them from flooding the western market with crappy products.

"Very minor" ... Really?
Yes. The fact that you don't like a trim package is minor.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. The fact that you don't like a trim package is minor.
Oh ****, last try:
I did not say i don't like the Chinese Redline. It is actually an improvement.
I said they got us waiting 2 years and cheated us from a) the RS-package and b) the "real" Redline, which they promised.
Of course i don't expect anybody to give a **** about personal opinion, if i like a trim or not.
This is a completely different matter and simply not right.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Mid-size car

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Oh ****, last try:
I did not say i don't like the Chinese Redline. It is actually an improvement.
I said they got us waiting 2 years and cheated us from a) the RS-package and b) the "real" Redline, which they promised.
Of course i don't expect anybody to give a **** about personal opinion, if i like a trim or not.
This is a completely different matter and simply not right.

View attachment 261386
<sarcasm font>
GM's Marketing at it's finest!
</sarcasm font>

That's what you're really up against. GM doesn't seem to listen to actual buyers but instead listens to idiotic "focus groups" made up of non-purchasers.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Seems like this is just another “symptom” of the larger issue...GM’s decision to pull Cruze R&D money and redirect investment dollars toward SUVs and Electrics/Hybrids.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, where can I get that '18 lower front trim piece in Graphite?

Have seen them in many colors this model year, but mine is a flat grey/black unpainted and just looks tacky and cheap! It should match the body color too!
Which one are you talking about? The one that is red on the CN Redline?
I never see that one painted before. Also i believe that won't fit the RS.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
That is the stock bumper. It frames the grilles while on the RS bumper the lower part is an unpainted splitter.
Sorry, yes, the splitter. Have seen them painted on others on the road.
Seems to me the RS would have that piece painted and the LT or LS would be the unpainted version, but thats just me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry, yes, the splitter. Have seen them painted on others on the road.
Seems to me the RS would have that piece painted and the LT or LS would be the unpainted version, but thats just me.
Agree flat plastic looks odd, especially with the center grilles being glossy. I do however think it looks better with a contrast color than in body color. They should have made all the parts glossy black. That was my plan...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts