Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I read that today, for some reason I never really took this global warming thing seriously or that humans are causing it. Where I live in the United States there was an ice age many years ago before the United States was settled by many humans and it melted. From my perspective they just want to tax energy more and hard to argue if people are convinced you are screwing the environment.

·
Administrator
25,082 Posts
The Earth is warming. So is Mars. The only question is how much of the Earth's warming is related to the pollutants we're emitting. Cleaning the air has a lot of other benefits that can be directly measured, such as lower incidences of respiratory problems.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I am all for using energy in a reasonable way and not emitting pollution if it can be reduced or avoided, makes sense to me. We just have some previous politicians that push this stuff too far in my opinion while they fly around in private jets using more energy and emitting pollution than all of us. Just rubs me the wrong way. I respect opinions of other on this issue. They will probably say if the globe cools in a few years we cause that too.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I moved to Sydney in 1964 the population was 2 million and the sky was permanently brown. Now the population is 5 million and the sky is a brilliant blue. So why all this rubbish about us causing global warming. It's all caused by the third world countries we have exported our industry to.

·
Premium Member
7,781 Posts
I really wish I could find it, but years ago there was a publication that outlined how the press, politicians, government funded groups and department heads all form a "collusion" (not a formal one, just one where each one's personal objectives align) to push "problems" and their solutions.

While the quantities of carbon being pulled from the ground and put into the air should give any reasonable person pause for thought, this whole "global warming" thing is following the script too well. One advantage of being an old fut is that you you've seen things before and can spot patterns.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I was young we used to get lots of dust storms, now they seldom happen. Should they return the younger people would see this as climate change, when it is actually part of a cycle.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Most of the "so-called" global warming "Experts" are neither Scientists OR Experts. But actually propagandists.

Actual scientists that believe this crap are in the minority in their field. And if truth be told...probably have an alternative agenda driving them.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The earth is a self correcting system. It will survive long after we are gone. We are no threat to the planet. We are nothing more than a surface nuisance.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Earth is warming. So is Mars. The only question is how much of the Earth's warming is related to the pollutants we're emitting. Cleaning the air has a lot of other benefits that can be directly measured, such as lower incidences of respiratory problems.
Thank you! Somebody gets it!

The Earth will go through Warming and Cooling periods....always has.

The idea that if every single inhabitant of the planet went carbon zero, that the climate would stabilize is insane. That we would have the same weather patterns all the time and no severe weather. That's never been the case. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to take better care of our home. It's definitely a direction we should be moving in.

·
Administrator
25,082 Posts
The earth is a self correcting system. It will survive long after we are gone. We are no threat to the planet. We are nothing more than a surface nuisance.
Thank you! Somebody gets it!

The Earth will go through Warming and Cooling periods....always has.

The idea that if every single inhabitant of the planet went carbon zero, that the climate would stabilize is insane. That we would have the same weather patterns all the time and no severe weather. That's never been the case. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to take better care of our home. It's definitely a direction we should be moving in.
The Earth biosphere's ultimate death will be heat related. Like all stars, our Sun is gradually outputting more energy as it ages. This is a result of the consumption of Hydrogen and the accumulation of Helium in the core. At some point in the future the surface of the Earth will be too warm to sustain liquid water. Current projections put this somewhere around 1 Billion years from now.

There is absolutely nothing we can do to prevent this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hate to go against the prevailing notions of this discussion board, but I for one DO believe in global warming. Of course back when I was coming up we had simpler names for it----spring and summer. Unfortunately I believe in global cooling as well.... you guessed it: fall and winter. And being at about 3500 feet in elevation in the southern Appalachians I prefer global warming. I'm glad to get all of it I can along about January of every year. Human beings taking credit (or blame) for the heating and cooling of the planet is similar to a rooster taking credit for the rising of the sun. There's a great big ball of fire out there and human and roosters have the same effect on its functions.

·
Premium Member
7,781 Posts
I hate to go against the prevailing notions of this discussion board, but I for one DO believe in global warming. Of course back when I was coming up we had simpler names for it----spring and summer. Unfortunately I believe in global cooling as well.... you guessed it: fall and winter.
:grin:
Nice try, but the seasons are not global. Our summer is Australia's winter. So northern warming is offset by southern cooling.

But anyone who says that climate is always the same - I want to see the signature on that memorandum of understanding with mother earth.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:grin:
Nice try, but the seasons are not global. Our summer is Australia's winter. So northern warming is offset by southern cooling.

But anyone who says that climate is always the same - I want to see the signature on that memorandum of understanding with mother earth.
I have to agree about it being winter in Australia, I live in west Sydney and it was 3C last night and at 8:30am it is 5.9C. That is cold to us before anyone starts laughing.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
The Earth biosphere's ultimate death will be heat related. Like all stars, our Sun is gradually outputting more energy as it ages. This is a result of the consumption of Hydrogen and the accumulation of Helium in the core. At some point in the future the surface of the Earth will be too warm to sustain liquid water. Current projections put this somewhere around 1 Billion years from now.

There is absolutely nothing we can do to prevent this.
Al Gore thinks we can.....of course he also seems to think he invented the Internet and we know THAT what a steaming load of manure too.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All this debate proves only one thing, whatever the weather does, somebody is going to say "I told you so".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts