Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

481 - 486 of 486 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,922 Posts
Pink noise
Description
Pink noise or ¹⁄f noise is a signal or process with a frequency spectrum such that the power spectral density is inversely proportional to the frequency of the signal. Pink noise is one of the most common signals in biological systems. In pink noise, each octave carries an equal amount of noise energy. Wikipedia

What is the difference between white noise and pink noise?
What's the difference between white and pink? They both cover all the frequencies that the human ear can hear, but the intensity of pink noise decreases as frequency increases. So whereas white noise can sound like static or a hiss, pink noise is smoother and more soothing across all frequencies.Mar 8, 2017
Pink-Noise-vs-White-Noise — SilverSneakers

https://www.silversneakers.com › blog › sound-boosts-sleep-memory

Velleman K4301: Pink Noise Generator Kit

I could not find a cheap spectrum analyzer. I bought my pink noise generator/spectrum analyzer in the late 80's from DAK industries for about $150 to help me set up my home stereo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How does this help for our Cruzes? That looks a lot like my Yamaha graphic equalizer in my home system. Without the spectrum analyzer portion of course. Too many questions, so little time.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,922 Posts
This comes with mikes and other stuff to use in a "room". The Cruze is just a weird little room as far as the equipment is concerned.

481 - 486 of 486 Posts