Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
481 - 498 of 498 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,374 Posts
Pink noise
Description
Pink noise or ¹⁄f noise is a signal or process with a frequency spectrum such that the power spectral density is inversely proportional to the frequency of the signal. Pink noise is one of the most common signals in biological systems. In pink noise, each octave carries an equal amount of noise energy. Wikipedia

What is the difference between white noise and pink noise?
What's the difference between white and pink? They both cover all the frequencies that the human ear can hear, but the intensity of pink noise decreases as frequency increases. So whereas white noise can sound like static or a hiss, pink noise is smoother and more soothing across all frequencies.Mar 8, 2017
Pink-Noise-vs-White-Noise — SilverSneakers

https://www.silversneakers.com › blog › sound-boosts-sleep-memory

Velleman K4301: Pink Noise Generator Kit

I could not find a cheap spectrum analyzer. I bought my pink noise generator/spectrum analyzer in the late 80's from DAK industries for about $150 to help me set up my home stereo.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks like Madisound Speaker Store may have the Silver Flutes in stock. That's where I purchased mine. But the tweets are out of stock according to Madisound website as of today. Looks like parts xpress has the tweets in stock. Not sure how the tune file would work as your Cruze is a 2016 ( different body style ) i would think it would require some tweekng to the tune.
Rich

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,374 Posts
I never did the Big 3 upgrade but I can't see how that would help me. Most people claim it's for when you add a lot of power to your car.
The Cruze has a sketchy grounding system. When you add equipment that draws more power, it strains the already weak ground system. By adding a big three to the vehicle, you greatly enhance the grounding or return path as well as increase the flow capability to the starter.

@XtremeRevolution

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry, I could hear you breathing and moving, but nothing else.
funny....

Either way I solved this issue by getting rid of the joke of a DSP. If anyone visits this forum I'd suggest staying away from what these people are pedaling. The miniDSP is woefully underpowered and isn't even meant for car audio. That's coming directly from the company that produces it. Just stick with doing what everyone does and buy a reputable brand set of component speakers and save yourself the headaches! There's a reason why they're so popular and why these companies are so successful. They work. Sometimes it's better to stick with the crowd and not follow the 2 people saying that their way is better. I installed a totally different dsp and have no noise issue whatsoever now. I'd say that the average consumer of car audio shouldn't even bother with a dsp. As long as you can set your crossovers and gains don't bother with all of this extra **** these people say matters. The sound isn't improved as much as they try to make people believe it is when you eq or add delays. You'll get more bang for your buck steering clear of it.

Also they say you have to do all of this work with treating your doors and building adapters, Well actually the op guy is trying to pedal "his" adapters and sell you "his" stuff, in order for the junk to sound good they're selling. While I did all of that myself it's not once mentioned that instead of buying all of these separate pieces of equipment, you can actually buy a single unit that handles all of these things. You can buy a Helix M Four DSP which is an LOC, DSP, 4ch amplifier, and more! So while you'll save space and less wiring hassle you'll end up spending less money all together! Like what the hell are these people smoking? These people are just salesmen trying to scam poor souls just getting into car audio. Steer clear and follow the crowd on this one!

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 · (Edited)
funny....

Either way I solved this issue by getting rid of the joke of a DSP. If anyone visits this forum I'd suggest staying away from what these people are pedaling. The miniDSP is woefully underpowered and isn't even meant for car audio. That's coming directly from the company that produces it. Just stick with doing what everyone does and buy a reputable brand set of component speakers and save yourself the headaches! There's a reason why they're so popular and why these companies are so successful. They work. Sometimes it's better to stick with the crowd and not follow the 2 people saying that their way is better. I installed a totally different dsp and have no noise issue whatsoever now. I'd say that the average consumer of car audio shouldn't even bother with a dsp. As long as you can set your crossovers and gains don't bother with all of this extra **** these people say matters. The sound isn't improved as much as they try to make people believe it is when you eq or add delays. You'll get more bang for your buck steering clear of it.

Also they say you have to do all of this work with treating your doors and building adapters, Well actually the op guy is trying to pedal "his" adapters and sell you "his" stuff, in order for the junk to sound good they're selling. While I did all of that myself it's not once mentioned that instead of buying all of these separate pieces of equipment, you can actually buy a single unit that handles all of these things. You can buy a Helix M Four DSP which is an LOC, DSP, 4ch amplifier, and more! So while you'll save space and less wiring hassle you'll end up spending less money all together! Like what the hell are these people smoking? These people are just salesmen trying to scam poor souls just getting into car audio. Steer clear and follow the crowd on this one!
Not sure what your problem is but clearly you needed help and didn't get it. I've been too busy to put my time and energy into this project. However, my vehicle continues to run perfectly with the original miniDSP 2x4 that I installed back before this thread was written. That's what...9 years? Furthermore, they more recently sponsored me a c-DSP 6x8 that will be going in the 124 Spider, and they were quite aware of where I would be using it.

I don't sell the miniDSP. All of these years, I haven't made a single dime off of them, or any adapters or electronics. I sold speaker baffles for a few years and made very little profit and haven't sold a single pair in over 5 years now. I don't even charge for the tune. Going on about people getting scammed when hundreds have successfully implemented what you failed to is an admission of your ignorance and nothing else. The rest is just senseless rambling. Time alignment makes a massive difference, which is why ALL halfway decent DSPs have the capabilities and why all respectable tuners use it. 3rd order harmonic distortion measurements are used frequently when designing passive crossovers and allows one to lift the sound stage in a mobile environment as much as possible. That's absolute fact.

You need not search any further than the fact that we're nearing a decade since this thread was created, with just shy of 500 total posts, and you're the only one to come in here whining about your inability to achieve results. Of course it's everyone's problem but your own; that's how society operates so you may as well jump on the blame bandwagon too.

Perhaps you're right, that some people should just stick to components and passive crossovers.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

481 - 498 of 498 Posts