Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you would be interested in seeing what the engines used in the Australian Cruze looked like. Series I, 110kw 320nm torque single cam, belt driven.
View attachment 153730 View attachment 153738

And this is the series II which replaced the series I in 2011, 120kw 360nm torque duel cam chain driven.

View attachment 153746 The pictures of the series one was taken at the Holden Cruze Sydney meet on July 4.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Do the diesels there have less torque programmed for the manual vs the automatics? I thought I read somewhere that overseas the manuals get restricted on torque compared to the automatics for GMs diesels.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the diesels there have less torque programmed for the manual vs the automatics? I thought I read somewhere that overseas the manuals get restricted on torque compared to the automatics for GMs diesels.
Both these cars have the 6T45 transmission, but there is not a different figure quoted for the manual. However the Holden Captiva diesel automatic has a higher quoted torque figure.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Yeah, maybe it was for the diesel CUV/SUV/Trucks that get higher torque figures with the automatics. Not like we are going to see a manual diesel from GM here anytime soon in the US anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Cool pics, thanks for posting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts