Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm Jofran and I'm 19 years old :)

The Cruze (2013) is actually my 2nd car (I owned a Fiat Palio RS before) until burglars got into my home and took my car :(

I wanted to do a writeup so that you guys know the Cruze we got over here, since everything is quite different as we don't have trims, there is only 1 Cruze model available, and it appears to be a mix of the LS with the LT and around $4000 in accessories.

To start off the general specs, it has the 1.8L engine with the automatic transmission (there are no manual Cruzes in Venezuela), it also comes with the Chrome trim package, the Z-Spec grille, sunroof, ChevyStar (OnStar), fog lights, automatic dimming mirror and the electronic rear windows.

On the electronic part, it comes with the 6 speed climate control (woot!) and its great, even though there is a big jump from 3 to 4 lol, while 6 is just, **** that thing is like an industrial freezer, it also has the gauge cluster with the chrome rings BUT without the computer :(

Body wise, its actually the first model (non facelifted) Cruze, the interior is Jet Black (with leather), I had it installed the Spoiler and the splash guards (these were the only accessories I bought from the dealership, the rest come bundled with the car itself and perhaps the prize), the rear seats come with the center head rest, which I really like, and with the old, square cup holder, which also includes the smokers package.

Overall, I am impressed with the car, even though gas is pretty much free here, I like the fact I only have to fill the fuel tank like, once every 2 weeks, the only downside is that the auto transmission is really clunky regarding downshifts and the fact that the Cruze is sold here like a Luxury car... Yes, the economy here downright sucks, my Grandma paid for this car what an Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport with every accessory is worth, thats almost $51.000.

If anyone has any questions, I'm free to answer :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Does OnStar work in Venezuela?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does OnStar work in Venezuela?
I really have to check but I'm sure it does, we get to track and control the car via a website (which only my father can access it), we SHOULD have voice guided turn by turn even though I havent really checked (I know all the places I'm going to, but this is for ChevyStar, which is OnStar for Latin America, I'm not sure what would happen if an American Cruze were to come here, or if I install tan US MyLink screen.

Speaking of which, since we dont have 7" screen, we are sold a ChevyStar GPS separately, but se get road assist and hands free with ChevyStar

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Pretty cool xaxas! Thanks for that information and for the pictures too. I am glad that you are enjoying your Cruze!

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
198 Posts
Smart Idea to have the Onstar/Chevystar should it ever get stolen they can diable the car and retrieve it for you. Congrats!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Maduro let a Cruze in Venezuela? Interesting, maybe a roll of toilet paper will be next. We were sending baby wipes down there, but about 3 weeks ago, Maduro put an end to that. This only tells me about the odor he enjoys the most.

How much did that Cruze cost you in Venezuela? That $51.000.00 apparently is not for the Cruze, here it is written as $51,000.00, took awhile for my wife to learn this.

But this depends on which rate of exchange you use, at least three that I know of between the VFE and the buck as we call it. Wife enjoys watching that Spanish CNN station, was recently reported an SUV costs five times as much as in Venezuela then here.

Could move to that country in an instant, hurricanes go north, wonderful people, no need for AC or heating. But that government could stand a bit of improvement.

I am far more interested in the mechanics, Have yet to see and OBD I or II vehicle down there, no such thing as an EPA. In driving in Caracas, besides being insane helps a lot, if you only could take the gas fumes out of the air, gas would be free. While tinting windows in the US is frowned upon, a necessity down there. That way the bandits don't know if you are a little old lady in a vehicle or if you have six tough guys carrying AK-47's.

Is your Cruze fitted with fuel injection or still using a carburetor?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Xaxas congrats on the new ride. Good luck with it!

I spend about 400usd on fuel a month so I guess the savings would even out my car payments lol.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
$51,000 would not surprise me for a new Cruze in Venezuela. Import tariffs are insane. Harleys are north of $100K, according to my wife.
Not sure is Xaxas grandmother paid that $51K for the Cruze or is talking about another vehicle. Venezuelan economy is based on the US dollar the Madura has complete control over. Screwing his own people by making the Bolivar worthless in any other country except Venezuela. That extra huge tariff is going in his pocket.

Had to deal with several notaries and judges to get my wife out of Venezuela, everyone of them has Miami accounts I had to transfer fees to, to get anything done. Otherwise, would have to wait for years.

Suspecting the price for that Cruze is more in the $100K range based on our experience.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Every time I see one of the cruze from other parts of the world I keep thing, GM why did you not include the tow recovery points in the front and back bumper in the USA?
Is that what that is under the headlight? Thought it was a parking sensor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Those tow hooks are sure handy for strapping down a kayak, Supra has those, Cruze doesn't, Supra was hired for this job, Cruze was fired.

Took the time to look over all ten photos. Was impressed to see that check engine lamp on the dash, first time I saw that on a Venezuelan car. Also that photo where the Cruze is sitting inside of the home. That is where you have to park your car if you want to see it the next morning.

What is not shown are the prison bars on all the windows, and that huge cell door on all of the entrances. Has a three inch long key to get in as well as two more to enter. Was strange for my wife and stepdaughter not to see that here and the fact they could walk around the block at night without fear of getting robbed or raped. Also to have a garage door opener where they could push a button to drive their cars and get into our home without any keys.

We do have a freedom here driving with tint free windows, get amused when people here want to tint their windows. Another is driving with a window rolled down, wife really got on me for doing that. Just replied, if anyone would stick their hand in my window, would be one hand less.

It's little things like this we take for granted, living in the USA.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been busy and for some reason my phone wouldnt load the updated page.

Yes, I forgot to mention it has parking assist, really helped with the transition from a really small car to a compact and I dont have to break my neck to park :p

I also didnt know the US Cruze didnt have rain sensor... Thought it did so I didnt mention it, really sucks... I aldo didnt know about the tow recocery points

NickD is right, tinted windows are a MUST for safety, you could get robbed at anytime here... Sadlu, I like fresh air, abd I really like to go with both windows down, I even open the Sunroof withthe windows, at night :eek: I'd be more than happy living in the US without tinted windows and beign able to have the windows down without having everyone look at me :/ its quite rare to see a young adult with a car that labeled as a businessman or old guy with money car, I've gotten a lot of looks with this car, its kinda good and bad...

My grandma bought this car almost 1 year ago for 324,000 Bsf, right now, the Cruze is worrh more than 400,000 Bsf, street price is 700,000 (yes, used cars are worrh more than new ones here)

Official exchange rate is, 1$ = 6,3 Bsf, street price (the one almost everybody works with) is 1$ = ~34 Bsf... You make the math...

We should be getting the Sedan Fiesta Titanium by the end of the year, targeted as a high-end car... Yeah...

Also, a 2013 Totota 4Runner (the most "luxury" vehicle you can find) is worth around 1.7 million Bsf, used goes for more than 2 million, I love this country.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those tow hooks are sure handy for strapping down a kayak, Supra has those, Cruze doesn't, Supra was hired for this job, Cruze was fired.

Took the time to look over all ten photos. Was impressed to see that check engine lamp on the dash, first time I saw that on a Venezuelan car. Also that photo where the Cruze is sitting inside of the home. That is where you have to park your car if you want to see it the next morning.

What is not shown are the prison bars on all the windows, and that huge cell door on all of the entrances. Has a three inch long key to get in as well as two more to enter. Was strange for my wife and stepdaughter not to see that here and the fact they could walk around the block at night without fear of getting robbed or raped. Also to have a garage door opener where they could push a button to drive their cars and get into our home without any keys.

We do have a freedom here driving with tint free windows, get amused when people here want to tint their windows. Another is driving with a window rolled down, wife really got on me for doing that. Just replied, if anyone would stick their hand in my window, would be one hand less.

It's little things like this we take for granted, living in the USA.
NickD, the "check engine" light is only on when I have the key know set to Accessories, but it turns off after the ignition is on, the only real alarm I've ever gotten was the StabilityTrack when I was taking a curve a little fast :p

We also have a house in the US, located in Miami, and while 1 semester of the Miami Dade College is cheaper than 2 trimesters in my current University (one of the most expensive ones), but the lack of dollars is the thing that has really set me back from living and studying there :(

Houses here are all closed, they all have gates of sorts, it gets really depressing, eventually, even more after living 1 year in the US and having been there many times :/

Could you tell me how can I check to see if my car has Fuel Injection? I'm pretty sure its the same LS 1.8 engine, but since I'm a noob with cars I can't tell myself :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts