Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wifes 2011 cruze has had the thermostat housing replaced 3 times already. now i am in wisconsin on business and it is leaking again. will be back to ky on thursday and have an appointment at the dealership to get it fixed AGAIN. is there anything that can be done so this thing dont start leaking again? in two years have had the tranny rebuilt,throttle body replaced, trunk opener, and three thermostat housings fixed on this thing. now going to have to get thermostat housing replaced again. wish we had never bought this piece of ****. is every one of these cars lemons?

·
Administrator
25,161 Posts
Have you talked to GM Corporate about this? They may want to see the service records as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My thermostat housing leaks, too, apparently the source of The Smell, at least in my car.
I there a service bulletin for this?
PI0721A Coolant leak from Thermostat housing, The leak may be caused by either the thermostat housing to cylinder head seal not being squarely aligned to the cylinder head or the water outlet seal to the thermostat housing not being squarely aligned to the thermostat housing.

or

PI0740B Smell an engine coolant type odor inside of the vehicle passenger compartment.

This odor may be caused by coolant vapor collecting under the hood. This vapor may be coming from the coolant reservoir overflow and entering the passenger compartment through small gaps in the hood to plenum seal.

The odor may also be caused by the grease used during the assembly of the HVAC case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 Chevy Cruze has had this issue and also have had to replace the housing twice. The housing is PLASTIC instead of metal. and it cracks! What gives?!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I am from Canada, Cruze 1.4 LT- 2014. It has 110,000 kms on it. Replaced the thermostat housing 3 times in 2 years and it cracked again. Replaced water pump twice , coolant tank cap. Why does it keeps cracking ? I am fed up of Chevy - has anyone found a fix for it ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts