Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my check engine light came on with an error code of P00B7. I noticed also that my fan is running very loudly from a cold start and also my heat blows cold air even after driving the car for awhile. My question is, what would be the probable issue here? I'm thinking either the thermostat or a coolant sensor. Any thoughts or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
error code of P00B7.
If it's what I think it means, it means the temperature of the radiator is quite a bit off from the temp of the engine. The fan is probably in "take no chances" mode.

Thermostat is a possibility. (But since it happens on a cold start, it may well be a sensor.) But first, make sure you have coolant. The tank should be at least "more full than empty".

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Today my check engine light came on with an error code of P00B7. I noticed also that my fan is running very loudly from a cold start and also my heat blows cold air even after driving the car for awhile. My question is, what would be the probable issue here? I'm thinking either the thermostat or a coolant sensor. Any thoughts or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Model? Year? Current mileage?

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
OK, the code is what I think it is: The ECM detects a temperature difference between the Radiator Coolant Temperature sensor and the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor that is greater than 30C/86F. As part of the condition of the test, the engine must be warmer than 242F or engine running for more than 5 minutes. Simply put, engine heat isn't making it to the radiator. Note that any added resistance (lose/corroded connection) in the Radiator Coolant Temperature sensor can trigger this (the ECM will see the added resistance as a "cooler" radiator).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coolant was deffinetly very low almost bone dry. Topped that off but I'm still having issues. I will randomly get the message "turning A/C off due to high engine temp" after that the temp will go back to normal even though my AC isn't on. I ordered a thermostat hoping that's the issue.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If it was that low, then there may still be air in the system. Keep an eye on the level. You may have a leak, but even if not, it will drop as it burps air.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey baumben,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Cruze. Feel free to send a private message if you would like any assistance locating a dealership in your area to perform a diagnosis, or if you have any questions. I am always happy to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.