Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Cruze Fam , I need some suggestions.

I recently purchased a used 2011 Cruze lt from a small dealership, everything checked out, clean car fax, two owners, low mileage, excellent Condition, great price.

Well I only had the car for 3 weeks and I got the “AC off due to high engine temp” so I took it back to get fixed by the dealer (30 miles away) after researching the problem I realized this is a common issue among Cruzes due to the way the thermostat was built. I figured I could maybe learn to fix the issue when it eventually comes up again.

The dealer fixed the problem, 2 weeks later
the same exact issue again. What should I do now? Is there an ulterior problem? Is this common with this year make & model? Are there any precautions I should take to avoid that from happening again?

I’ll appreciate any feedback thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,621 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey Cruze Fam , I need some suggestions.

I recently purchased a used 2011 Cruze lt from a small dealership, everything checked out, clean car fax, two owners, low mileage, excellent Condition, great price.

Well I only had the car for 3 weeks and I got the “AC off due to high engine temp” so I took it back to get fixed by the dealer (30 miles away) after researching the problem I realized this is a common issue among Cruzes due to the way the thermostat was built. I figured I could maybe learn to fix the issue when it eventually comes up again.

The dealer fixed the problem, 2 weeks later
the same exact issue again. What should I do now? Is there an ulterior problem? Is this common with this year make & model? Are there any precautions I should take to avoid that from happening again?

I’ll appreciate any feedback thanks in advance.
The 2011 was the worst year for the cruze. May God have mercy on your soul

·
Registered
690 Posts
It is a common issue, I fixed around 20 Cruze 2011-2015 using the solution below. NONE of these had the issue again, trust me. Later even GM changed the thermostat to a similar one that opens way lower for Cruze.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts