Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

They finally found the (they think) of the exhaust smell the car in the morning

10K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Aussie 
#1 · (Edited)
Took the car for the recall of the recall for the NoX sensor etc. While there I bitched again about the smell of diesel exhaust in the car. Each time I take the car in for recalls, service, etc, I bitch about it. The usual response is they can't duplicate, or they washed the engine off or something.

This time they kept it and the tech apparently gave a crap about his quality of work.

They found a broken hose to the Intake the advisor said. Which hose...I dunno yet.

45k miles and they hopefully finally fixed it. Pick it up tonight they predict.

#2 ·
The charge air tube was disconnected from the throttle body, so they replaced it under warranty.

Not sure of how it was disconnected but drove fine-no turbo loss??

Reactions: sparkman and obermd
#4 ·
Did this fix the problem?

#5 ·
It's wasn't stinky in the car this am!!!

Its also hasn't run this well in a long time. Mpg and tq are back!

#6 ·
I had my charge pipe pop loose, however, you knew something was wrong. It sounded awful, had no power and clogged my dpf (90 grams lol).

Also, I occasionally get that same raw exhaust smell in the AM using remote start. I can't always replicate it either. Haven't really dug into it. I thought someone here found the manifold wasn't lined up right ? Although then I imagine it would always smell..

#7 ·
Well...it stunk like all h@ll today.

So either it broke again....or something. What is the true cause of this???

#8 ·
Open the hood and see if you can see any disconnected hoses. This almost makes me think the hose simply wasn't secured properly.

#9 ·
Dropped it back off at the dealer today.

They gave me newer Cruze LS as a loaner....no where close to being a comparable to the Diesel in ride, noise, and braking, not to mention power.

It doesn't even have cruise control lol

#10 ·
I have a completely different diesel in my Holden Cruze and I notice a smell like you mention when the DPF is self cleaning. When it does this the idle RPM is 100 higher. It could be the extra heat and burning soot you can smell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.