Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is strongly considering buying a used 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ with the RS Package. From searching around it appears there has been a few recalls on this model. Is there a FAQ somewhere on everything we should check into before buying this model? If we bought from a Chevrolet dealer out of town, would a local Chevrolet dealer do recall work if required? If Carfax history doesn't show that recall work was done is it safe to assume it hasn't been done?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
This will provide some answers as well as links to NHTSA relative to this model year. I've found it useful for part of the car buying effort. There is a Chevy site where you can check the VIN for recalls, but I don't recall the URL. I'm sure one of the other members here can provide it. Also, the selling dealership is supposed to do all recall work prior to selling the car.

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Problems, Defects & Complaints

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Put the VIN in at https://recalls.gm.com to see what open recalls exist on the car. I wouldn't trust Carfax for information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put in two different VIN's, and got the below message for both:

Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2015 Chevrolet Cruze

So does this mean that there was never a recall on these particular vehicles, or there may have been a recall and the repair work was done, or it could be either one?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
It means that all recalls on the vehicles have been completed - nothing more, nothing less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.