Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Number 2 fooled me a bit. Then I figured out you were talking about the cover. Would be great to have some leg room if the whole **** thing moved forward.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Dang, Great info. Found out my steering wheel was already back as far as it would go.....I don't have short arms so I was able to put everything to a more comfortable poisition farther forward than it was (which wasn't too bad to begin with). Have to work through this list and see how many apply that I didn't already know about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pre-Congrats. I'd be wayyyy to antsy right about now if I was in your situation.
I was, until I got to the dealer and he informed me the car wasn't ready! :(
So he gave me a loan car (2014 CD Cruze) and I get my one tomorrow. Fiddled with some of the features in the loan car, so I'm still looking forward to picking up the new one!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this has been addressed, but in regards to #1

1. The reason there is no trunk release button inside the car is because there's a trunk release button on the trunk. It's located right where the license plate lights are. Reach under chrome trunk accent and give it a press. (one of the sales people at the dealer wasn't aware of this). Note the trunk will not open unless the doors are unlocked and the car is in park.
My 2015 Cruze 1LT has a trunk release button inside (see pic). Sorry if someone else mentioned this; too many pages to scroll through!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,535 Posts
Not sure if this has been addressed, but in regards to #1

My 2015 Cruze 1LT has a trunk release button inside (see pic). Sorry if someone else mentioned this; too many pages to scroll through!
2015 was the first year of the inside release button….or was it 2014?……anyways, those of us with the earlier model don't get to enjoy that luxury.

Rob

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
My 2015 Cruze 1LT has a trunk release button inside.
2015 was the first year of the inside release button….or was it 2014?……anyways, those of us with the earlier model don't get to enjoy that luxury.

Rob
I relatively certain the center console trunk release button was introduced on 2015 Cruzen built at Lordstown. My late-in-the-model-year build 2014 Cruze RS doesn't have it, but rather has the doors lock-unlock button which I prefer. Call me a Luddite, but the original solution makes sense to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Rob
I figured as much; just wanted to note it for anyone with a 2015! It also seems like they kept the outside release button as well, though haven't tested it (Checked for it but car wasn't on).

·
Registered
93 Posts
nice list man!

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
Do a google search on it. There is a way it requires splicing wires etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wanting to know if it's a battery issue or something else for why my daughters car won't start at times and the trunk just pops open once in a while?. Help if you have an idea..

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
Wanting to know if it's a battery issue or something else for why my daughters car won't start at times and the trunk just pops open once in a while?. Help if you have an idea..
Known issue with the 2012s. There is a replacement receiver that changes how the remote trunk release opens. Depending on the mileage and when the car was first put into service it may be a free repair.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey LynaLu,

Sorry to hear that you guys are having trouble with your Cruze not starting. I can definitely understand how frustrating this can be, especially around the holidays.
Please send a private message with your VIN, contact information, current mileage, and preferred dealership so I can see if you have any open service announcements attached to your vehicle. I can also reach out to your dealer if you like.
Looking forward to your message.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

201 - 220 of 243 Posts