Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also I found out indirectly to pop the trunk from the inside, if you hit the unlock button on the center console 3 times the trunk will pop.

I have a 2014 2LT RS if that matters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats awesome information! i just picked up a 2013 1LT today and i'm very grateful to start off my new purchase with insider tips like that. thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 chevy cruz I acquired through my dad that passed away anyway I recently had check power steering system after realizing it was my batter I got amother battery but all it does is click and say service battery charging system is there anything I can do besides going to the dealer

·
2,162 Posts
I have a 2011 chevy cruz I acquired through my dad that passed away anyway I recently had check power steering system after realizing it was my batter I got amother battery but all it does is click and say service battery charging system is there anything I can do besides going to the dealer
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstance in which you acquired the car. And sorry for the issues you're experiencing with the vehicle. Do you have a check engine light on? Or is the battery symbol on the dash that's illuminating? It sounds like the alternator may be failing but without being able to check it's difficult to say for sure. How many miles are on the car?

You may also want to create a new thread with this issue to get more responses.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Some things I have discovered that have helped me. These all work in my '14 Cruze without My Link.

- To access Siri on an iPhone, click the phone/talk button on the steering wheel. The car says, "Ready." Just say, "Voice." The car will say, "Voice, OK." Then you will hear the iPhone ding noise and you can say anything you want to Siri, including "read/send text message", "where is the nearest coffee shop", "what time is sunset", or "call mom".

- If you hold the phone/talk button on the steering wheel for a few seconds, your recently dialed list on the iPhone will display on the monochrome screen above the radio. You can scroll through the list and hit the call button to dial a recently called number.

- If your iPhone is connected to the car with bluetooth, you can get turn by turn directions through the radio using Google Maps. Just type in an address and click the directions button. The only strange thing is that the car will say, "Call Ended" after every direction.

- You can organize music in folders on your USB drive. Then in the car, click the menu button, select Search, then select Folder View. It will then only play the music in the selected folder. Much easier than creating play lists. It will play the songs in alphabetical order, but you can also choose to shuffle the songs through this menu.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Also I found out indirectly to pop the trunk from the inside, if you hit the unlock button on the center console 3 times the trunk will pop.

I have a 2014 2LT RS if that matters.
Doesn't work on my '14 LT. Wish it did though. Tried it with the car off, in ACC and in Run.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a little over a week in owning a '14 Cruze LT, and the telescoping steering wheel blew my mind (I've always driven older beaters). I read the list at about 11 PM and put on my shoes and went out to the car to check some things out. Thanks for the list!

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
That Telescoping Steering Wheel does many things, but blowing my mind wasn't one of them? It does seem to be more functional than my previous Car. I once did the unthinkable in a rental car, pulled the release lever in a construction zone, had no idea what I had done or how to slide it back, was in a bumper to bumper construction zone on the freeway going 50 mph and had a hard time following the turns. This should never be done by anyone at any time. Tried to pull over but couldn't

·
Registered
39 Posts
I learned something about my 2015 Cruze l1 when I bought it. Before driving it off the lot, I noticed I could not pair my phone to the radio. All the slots were occupied by the previous owner's phones. And try as I might, I could not delete them in order to pair my phone. (This was a Toyota car dealer from whom I bought the used Cruze). Luckily a service technician happened to hear of my concern, and told me he used to work at the GM dealer, and he instructed us to leave the key in, and the driver's side door open for five minutes. This would reset all the features on the radio back to factory settings. Sure enough, 5 minutes later, the previous owner's settings were deleted, and I was able to pair my phone.

An easter egg, he called it. (computer programs are known for their "easter eggs", little surprises that programmers write into their code that users like to discover :) At least I don't think you will find this in the manual.

·
Registered
17 Posts
on my 2016 cruze limited with all the doors locked and you need to get in trunk just stand close to trunk and even with keyfob in pocket the trunk button above the tag will let you open the trunk, but you have to be close to trunk

221 - 240 of 243 Posts