Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Distilled white vinegar is what I found on search to break up the minerals easier. Was this the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVtU_wldkK4&hd=1
No right here looks amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBSGO2T-FQ

Im gonna try the white vinegar anyway since i ahve some on hand. But i think im gonna get this stuff anyway it also protects from water spots and what not.I think he said every 3 months.

Wondering though. I wrote them on ebay "Chemical guys" because i noticed they have a Heavy Metal Shine or something like that as well. So i asked which was better for me on the chrome trim of my 2013 cruze. He said the metal shine b/c its less abrasive. He said the metal shine is actaully discontinued but he still has 4 bottles left.Makes ya wonder why it was discontinued??? If its so great. But watch that video i mean what you see is what you get right?

*****So i just tried the white vinegar to get rid of cloudiness on chrome trim. Didnt seem to work. Maybe a little. The thing that has worked best so far is turtle wax "safe for clear coat" compound. But still didnt get it perfect i really want to get it perfect. Im gonna try the compound 1 more time before i order chemical guys. This time ill put a little more elbow grease as i wasnt applying much pressure wasnt sure if i could mess up the trim removing clear coat or something?

·
Administrator
25,445 Posts
Everyone is probably aware that if they open the driver's door after shutting off the car everything inside shuts off. This is the only door that has this interlock. The front passenger and rear doors can be opened and closed and the interior power (radio, outlets, etc.) will remain on for the full 10 minutes before turning off.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,781 Posts
Everyone is probably aware that if they open the driver's door after shutting off the car everything inside shuts off. This is the only door that has this interlock. The front passenger and rear doors can be opened and closed and the interior power (radio, outlets, etc.) will remain on for the full 10 minutes before turning off.
My power windows cut off if the passenger door is opened. :)

·
10,705 Posts
My power windows cut off if the passenger door is opened. :)
Yeah found both out. Fun part is turning the car off and removing key from passenger side. Locking the doors didn't work. This window also allows OnStar to spam you. Had car talking to us one day when I left the key in for passengers to turn car on and off when I leave.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Why put volume control on the right side of the steering wheel.? SMH right next to the actually volume knob SMH They should have cruise control and volume setting on opposite sides..

·
10,705 Posts
Why put volume control on the right side of the steering wheel.? SMH right next to the actually volume knob SMH They should have cruise control and volume setting on opposite sides..
That may be for us left handed manual drivers so we don't press volume up and down on turns. When you tell the MyLink system to turn screen/display off, volume buttons on the wheel turn the screen back on taking your night vision from you. Be glad the volume buttons aren't hidden behind the spoke like the Lade Burban and Tahwhore. I think it took my mom a month to stop changing the radio stations and raising the volume while turning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a small items hidden compartment under the passenger side floor board (under the carpet). The tab slides out and lifts a small door with a cut in the carpet and foam to store small items.

CINTE' Customized LT/RS Cruze

·
Registered
1 Posts
That small items compartment you refer to is a secondary location for the cars VIN #. Look at the bottom and you will see it stamped into the metal.

·
Registered
489 Posts
That small items compartment you refer to is a secondary location for the cars VIN #. Look at the bottom and you will see it stamped into the metal.
Whoaaaaa that's neat.

Just discovered that with when using google podcasts in android auto the left side station toggle behind the steering wheel skips forward and back 30 sec rather than having to tap the screen. Kinda nice!

161 - 173 of 173 Posts