Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze Ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I actually did an even trade for my 2014 camaro for a 2014 Chevy Cruze (long story) anyways on way home from dealership less than 20 miles I get a flashing warning message telling me service tire monitor system, well I didn’t think it was a big issue would just need to stop and add some air to tire, but nope! Apparently there’s something wrong with the tire monitor system and the warning light has remained now for about 3 months, so the system won’t read the one tire, so my question is is this an easy fix or is this something that’s going to be expensive and difficult? This car has literally had nothing but problems since day one and I so wish I could make the dealer take it back! I know he used the fact that Ali was a female to sell me a piece of crap! I was in a predicament due to at the time the new corona pandemic and was currently no longer working but I had taken out a $600 title loan against my camaro a few months before and was
Now unable to pay it so it was either try to even trade for another car or have camaro repoed and be left without a vehicle, I ended up going to dealership by myself and when i had actually purchased my camaro the abs and traction control lights stayed on but never affected performance of vehicle, no problems whatsoever with camaro! But dealership guy tells me he put it on machine and it’s a computer problem that’s going to cost thousands of dollars which really freaked me out I had just taken the Cruze for a test drive and did not like car and had my Mind made up to not go forward with deal until I was told that information..... man lesson learned but a little late! I say do not buy a cruze they are nothing but junk and problems and definitely not reliable!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Probably just a dead battery in one of the TPMS sensors. Bring it to any good tire shop and have all 4 of them replaced. Parts would be under $200 for the 4 adn then labor to dismount and remount the tires.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Administrator
25,448 Posts
From your opening post you have exactly one problem - a bad TPMS sensor. As Will pointed out, get all four replaced with the correct frequency TPMS (any decent tire shop can do this) as a first step.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
There is more to the story than we are being told. Who is Ali anyway? I think you bought a Lemon. Most Cruze are Peaches🍑 Don't take Title Loans with up to 300% APR

·
Registered
783 Posts
There is more to the story than we are being told. Who is Ali anyway? I think you bought a Lemon. Most Cruze are Peaches🍑 Don't take Title Loans with up to 300% APR
Useful input as always Eddie 🙄

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a tire sensor go bad. Bought a factory replacement for $14. Took it to the local tire store and they installed for $15. I bought a programming tool on ebay for $15 and did the programming myself. Took me less than 5 minutes to reprogram all 4 sensors. It is a very easy process. There is absolutely no need to replace the other 3 sensors. I kept the programming tool and used it once more after rotation.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I had a tire sensor go bad. Bought a factory replacement for $14. Took it to the local tire store and they installed for $15. I bought a programming tool on ebay for $15 and did the programming myself. Took me less than 5 minutes to reprogram all 4 sensors. It is a very easy process. There is absolutely no need to replace the other 3 sensors. I kept the programming tool and used it once more after rotation.
If the battery in one is dead it'd be worthwhile to just do them all instead of potentially waiting a month and having another one die and having to bring it back to the shop. That's just me though lol

Reactions: JoeInMilwaukee

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't waste your money replacing all of the sensors. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" if you're really strapped for cash you can buy a tire sensor online and replace it yourself, there are clever tutorials online for how to break the bead with nothing more than the scissor jack in the trunk. Or you can go to a tire shop and have them replace it, shouldn't be more than $90.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Most shops around here will do it for $20

1 - 10 of 10 Posts