Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Cruzen. I have a 2015 Cruze lt and I'm trying to buy some new tires. I'm thinking on grabbing 235/45r18 . Just wondering if they will fit with no problem/ no rubbing. Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Unless the wheels have been changed, you would have to have an LTZ to have 18 inch wheels from factory. 225/45/18 are factory size on the 18's.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The factory size of 225/45 will decrease the gap. I don't know if 235's will be too wide or not. I would think they would work myself. Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you go to a 235 you should go to 40 series or the larger diameter will have adverse effects on mpg and acceleration. Probably should look into 245/40-18, wider and not taller. Tire Rack has charts to compare dimensions of the tires they sell. Might possibly need spacers so you don't create rubbing on the inside.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,980 Posts
Check into getting the eibach lowering pro kit
If you go to a 235 you should go to 40 series or the larger diameter will have adverse effects on mpg and acceleration. Probably should look into 245/40-18, wider and not taller. Tire Rack has charts to compare dimensions of the tires they sell. Might possibly need spacers so you don't create rubbing on the inside.
OP has not been online since Jan 2017

Wheel / Tire size chart for US Spec Gen I Cruze's
Choosing new tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts