Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does this forum require a lot of computer memory? Is it all the advertisements, or am I missing something? It sure takes a lot of time and patience to post here sometimes.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
What browser are you using? Apparently if you're using IE11, you have to manually move it to "compatibility mode".

I find it's "OK" in Chrome, but not really snappy.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Yeah boys if iT's slow well atlaeast IT's Economical The Cruzen Talk MoTo .. Get A Tablet . Upgrade yer RAM in yer computer . and or Laptop ..

Me I'm purchaseing the all new Mustang ecoboost Fastback and not worrying about IT anymore ..

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,596 Posts
Shrug. I have no problem with it, even on a 1st generation i5 laptop.

I'd suggest using Chrome/FireFox, and maybe installing AdBlock plus into said browsers.

Granted, all my computers have 8 GB RAM...4 GB can quickly become a bottleneck in Vista/Win 7, especially the way Chrome likes to gobble RAM.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a Chromebook and use chrome all of the time, it works great and quick. :D

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Using XP and Firefox 37.0.2, works like lightning. Sure having problems with Window 8.1, the newest and greatest so they tell me.

·
Administrator
25,118 Posts
Using XP and Firefox 37.0.2, works like lightning. Sure having problems with Window 8.1, the newest and greatest so they tell me.
CT doesn't work well with IE except in Compatibility mode. Even IE 11 in Windows 10 has issues. I don't have Spartan yet but hopefully in the next week or so I'll have it. FF works fine on Windows 10 Build 10041.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Love how IE11 is now coming up with a pop up option at the bottom of the panel asking you to remove your plugins and addons to improve browsing speed. Funny, I turned off Ghostery and IE11 got slower. Imagine how much better it would perform with something like AdBlockPlus running to stop the ads from being displayed?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Computer or internet? Just talking to my son about updating his GPS software, said it took 13 hours Sure with all these free updates, their site is way overworked.

Told him to try it after 2:00 AM after the hackers go to bed and before 6:00 AM before normal people get up. He did, took it 12 minutes.

Ha, what about buying a new computer that says ready to use software? My butt, before you can do anything have to have an internet connection. Then it starts to update a zillion upgrades, might as well take a two week vacation while waiting, but when you do get back. See a window that says, are you sure you want to continue? So you take another two week vacation, only to come back to the same window.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts