Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Glad nobody was in the Cruze! From the looks of it, the person driving the truck that rammed it didn't have intelligent life in it either!

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad nobody was in the Cruze! From the looks of it, the person driving the truck that rammed it didn't have intelligent life in it either!
This happened 1,000km from where I live, but the owner is a young lady on a Holden Cruze forum I am on and she is quite upset about it.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Happened to me back in 1959 with my customized 54 Olds. Drunk ran into it when legally parked, sure took advantaged of that 20 year old kid, but that was the last time, been taking these basterds to court every since.

These crooked SOB's claim you are 30% guilty for being there, and they do have a point, if her car wasn't there, it wouldn't have been hit. They figure if you hire an attorney, he would get 30% plus expenses of your claim. So either way you are screwed!

Answer to this dilemma, is to take these basterds to court yourself and be well prepared, not only got the full value of my vehicle or my kids, but consequential damages as well.

Another thing you learn is that the insurance companies hire the best attorneys, you land up with second best. Really would hate to live in a state with no-fault laws, this tells you instantly your legislators are working for and being paid by insurance companies. If you live in a state like this, should have a hanging policy for yet another group of crooked basterds.

When you go to court, have to be well composed, look the judge straight in the eye, be brief, unemotional, and just state the facts.

Assuming this happened in Australia, how are your courts? Are they working for the insurance companies or the people?

We are sure getting a ton of insurance company ads on the TV, most of these basterds are lying.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The insurance in Australia is pretty good, if you are not at fault you pay nothing and most companies pay agreed value. The cops only decide who to book for the accident, courts usually only get involved if there are serious injuries or death.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Wow. I'm glad no one was in that car. How's the tree?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
The insurance in Australia is pretty good, if you are not at fault you pay nothing and most companies pay agreed value. The cops only decide who to book for the accident, courts usually only get involved if there are serious injuries or death.
Sounds like a better country to live in, the USA is being torn apart by attorneys. Does Australia freely accept immigrants or does one have to steal a loaf of bread yet to be sent down there?

·
2,170 Posts
Ah yeah, forgot you don't live in America. A place where you live in constant fear of being sued for everything you've ever owned.

Bummer about the Cruze but glad no one was in it. That car is destroyed, I would be pretty upset too. If that were my Cobalt, my insurance company would argue it's worth it to fix that car, instead of totaling it haha!

Reactions: Merc6

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Glad no one was in that car, Can I have the wheels and the "Holden" Emblems? I wrapped my 79 AMC Concord around a pole like that and the passenger side of the car came to find me. No seat belt laws back then and really don't think it would have helped other than breaking my hips. My head and ribs were enough.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Could also be screwed up, thought today is April 8, 2016.
Nick,

Didn't you know that even the calendar is reversed down under? :uhh:

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like a better country to live in, the USA is being torn apart by attorneys. Does Australia freely accept immigrants or does one have to steal a loaf of bread yet to be sent down there?
We had issues under the previous Government with lots of people smugglers with leaky boats. This current lot have stopped it, but there is another election coming up. News teams have interviewed people in Indonesian refugee camps and they are waiting for our election hoping for a change of government. Something like 1200 people drowned trying to get here before they were stopped.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
We had issues under the previous Government with lots of people smugglers with leaky boats. This current lot have stopped it, but there is another election coming up. News teams have interviewed people in Indonesian refugee camps and they are waiting for our election hoping for a change of government. Something like 1200 people drowned trying to get here before they were stopped.
Never occurred to me to attempt a 7503 mile leaky boat ride from Los Angeles to Sydney. Can't steal a loaf of bread anymore to be sent down there for free?

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Never occurred to me to attempt a 7503 mile leaky boat ride from Los Angeles to Sydney. Can't steal a loaf of bread anymore to be sent down there for free?
Do you have access to a Flux Capacitor?

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
This happened 1,000km from where I live, but the owner is a young lady on a Holden Cruze forum I am on and she is quite upset about it.
Wow. Sorry to hear. Certainly very upsetting. And no joking matter.

I hope the lorry driver is okay too.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do have many flux inductors, tuning coils, transformers, motors, relays, and solenoids, but what in the h word is a flux capacitor?
There is a series of movies called "Back to the Future", watch one of those and it will be explained.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts