Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Friday I take my Cruze into the dealership because its acting a little funny. Hard shifts at highway speeds (hard enough to tighten my seatbelt) and a really nasty smell from the A/C at the same speeds.

So the service center swears they find nothing wrong. Everything is fine, no problem. Well, the adviser gets in my face leaning in really close and jabbing his finger at my papers and just keeps insisting they didn't find anything. I said fine, I'll take it to another dealership. I know something is wrong. Well he lost his stuff then. He got all red faced and starts jabbing harder just repeating they can't replace the transmission (who asked them to!?) and so on. So I ask to see the Service Manager. One of the cashiers says he isn't in so I ask when he'll be back. And I get the response "don't know - it isn't like I keep his itinerary"

Ugh.

So, I get in my car and the service adviser follows me out, leans across me and jabs at the dash to point out that see? they drove it. I never questioned if they drove the car. Anyway I finally leave and the car is worse than when I dropped it off so I call and leave my information for the manager to call me in the morning.

He calls and I explain the service I received. I'm more upset about how I was treated than anything. He just keeps saying they couldn't duplicate it and not focusing on the customer service aspect. Then he tells me his employees are claiming I was swearing up a storm. Mind you, I never swore once.

I don't know what is going on there but they keep asking me to bring the car back and that isn't happening. I have never been treated so badly. As a woman I don't take kindly to being poked at, leaned over and intimated in a service shop. I'm just floored that even their manager didn't seem to care how the employees behaved.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Personally, I'd go back, and make sure I turned my cell phone on record, or take a pocket recorder with you.
And, if you get the same 'smart *ss' responses and rudeness all around, you'll then have proof, and could send that to the owner of the dealership, or even to GM.
Then, SOMETHING would get done.

I live in Tennessee, and, most of the dealerships here are old school.. I drove my 2012 up a few weeks ago, and asked if there was any recalls that needed to be taken care of.
The service guy just smiled, and asked for the VIN, which I had no idea what it was.. So, we walked to my car, he wrote the numbers/letters down, and then back to the service department.
Once there, he punched it in the computer, and showed the only recall that was listed, was the one for the heat shield. and it was already marked CLOSED. So, he told me, it meant the work
had already been done on my car, and he didn't see anything else that would require me to bring the car in. I even showed him my front bumper ding, I got from a bird, and he said, really quick.. That'll need to
goto the body shop for repair. All smiles, and polite as you'd expect. I thanked him, and shook his hand for the information, and he said, anytime... Bring it in if you have any other needs or questions.

Carl Black Chevy
Nashville, TN.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bummer... Call Chevrolet customer service... They will in turn call the dealership and demand they take the correct course of action...ie CUSTOMER SERVICE....use the tools that Chevrolet gives us they work.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made a call to GM and reported it the day it happened. They advised that I should have someone calling me back within 48 hours. I expect the call on Monday or I'll be calling back. They really need to know. The sad thing is this is the largest Chevy dealership in this area and this was my first interaction with them (not the one I bought my car from). But as I've been talking about it everyone has been saying this is par for the course for this service shop.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
I have to say that it sucks hearing all these stories of bad dealerships, and ultimately it comes down to the location and the people who live around you. I fortunately live in a huge city with plenty of people, and so the result is my dealership is staffed with people who actually care about customer service and their job because frankly, there are hundreds of unemployed people waiting to take their job if they're rude and get reported.

I hope everything works out for you in the end, and shop around for a better dealer, who knows you might get lucky.

Reactions: spacedout

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello npaggett

I am the Chevrolet Customer Care Agent here on the forum. It is unfortunate that this is the experience that you say you had at a dealer. I would just like to make you aware that aside from calling Customer Care you can reach out to us here on the forum by private message if you need anything as well. Please don't hesitate to send me a message if you have any questions or need to do any follow up on your complaint. I once again apologize for your experience.

Newguy99

I am glad to read that you have had a great experience with your dealer. I would like to make you all aware that if you sign up for Chevrolet Owners Center where you can get the latest communications about your Chevrolet vehicle—recalls, offers, maintenance reminders and more. I bring this up because this is a way to check for updates and scheduled maintenance to your vehicle before going to the dealer. I hope that this is helpful information.

https://my.chevrolet.com/web/portal/managemybrand?g=1

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Right UP there with Dentists and IRS Auditors, I'd say!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thank you, Jackie. I do want to say that I don't see this as a reflection of the Chevy brand. I know bad dealerships can exist across the board. And GM customer service has always been top notch for me. I will keep buying Chevy cars, but I will NEVER return to that dealership. I can't even justify buying a car there and avoiding the service shop since it all falls under the same umbrella.

I also want to be clear that I love, love, love, love, love this car. When it was suggested by the adviser that I look into trading the car in for something else since I was "so unhappy" (his words, never mine) I was flabbergasted. 1. That is not an option - I love my car and 2. Who recommends that!?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have driven many customer cars home overnight, with their permission, to duplicate problems.

It is too bad to hear about your experience, I was lucky to work at dealers that had high CSI scores and good rapport with the customers.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It seems more and more quite a few dealer have reached a point that if No Error Codes are found then No problem found come back another day like when your Cars dies on the road so we can see what went wrong.
Oh I forgot about that! He must have said 3 or 4 times "there were no error codes, I don't know what to tell you." Super awesome! Why not look BEYOND the error codes.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
No problem. Let me know if you would like for me to locate a different dealer for you or file a dealer complaint. I am here to assist you!

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 17 of 17 Posts