Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here for something like a year on and off, there is a lot of good knowledge here. I had decided to finally pull the trigger on a Trifecta tune next time it went on sale and, lo and behold, there's a group buy going on!

Is there a comprehensive/official list of options to pick from when ordering? There are a couple examples here and there, but it doesn't seem to be spelled out in full on the website. It's also a little hard to search for "trifecta" here and sift through all the results...

Also, I gotta say I love all the Star Trek avatars :)

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Welcome. My understanding is there are two versions of the Trifecta tune. The first, and original version, is a full performance tune that requires 91 octane. This is the tune that most people with a Trifecta tune have. The second tune is a more basic tune that will operate on 87 octane but like the Cruze in general will perform better with 91 octane.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
There are in total 3 different Trifecta tunes that are currently available.

Budget Tune
- This tune is designed to run off of 87 or 89 and simply improve the Transmission for automatics, and evening out the Engine for both AT/MT to help get better fuel economy without costing you as much as the others.

Premium 91/93 Tune
- This is the main tune, and the most popular[The one you will get from the group buy]. It requires you to run either 91 or 93 octane depending on your location and liking, and will give a decent power bump if you have the 1.4T engine. Once you receive your tune you can then datalog and send it back in to request a revised tune for more/less agressive shifting, etc.

e85 Tune
- This tune is more of the extra, and in order to implement this tune you must install the Bosch #42 injectors to then run the required e85[ethanol], which gives you the highest power bump out of all three tunes.

As for the tunes themselves, unless you get a downpipe[1.4] or header kit[1.8] where you will need a revised tune to prevent the warning light from popping up on your dash, there wont be any gains that you can achieve from trying to get a revised tune from simple bolt ons. Ex: Installing a new exhaust system/muffler wont get any gains through a revision, since whatever gains it gives happens immediately through install.

Also welcome to the forum. Any more questions you might have, feel free to ask.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the Welcomes! By options, I'm looking for the various features like select-a-tune that you're supposed to type into the box when ordering. For example, if you put in select-a-tune does that imply that eco mode is your default driving mode, or do you have to request eco mode too? Is the invisible mode a default feature, or do you have to ask for that as well? Etc...

An answer here would be appreciated, but is there an official reference list anywhere?

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Thanks for the Welcomes! By options, I'm looking for the various features like select-a-tune that you're supposed to type into the box when ordering. For example, if you put in select-a-tune does that imply that eco mode is your default driving mode, or do you have to request eco mode too? Is the invisible mode a default feature, or do you have to ask for that as well? Etc...

An answer here would be appreciated, but is there an official reference list anywhere?
Transparency mode is standerd, select a tune is usually used by the cruise control switch. With the cruise on your in ECO mode, with it off your in sport mode. This is all I have nothing elses didn't want anything else.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts