Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Banged on the doors, couldn't reproduce it. Occurred, never rattled when wife was in the car, maybe her seat was loose, no luck there either. And was also random.

Turned out when she releases her safety belt, at times, doesn't lie flat against the bulkhead. But at an angle with that plastic buckle banging against that plastic wall. Laying it flat solved most of the noise, but will still hit that plastic if you have to drive on our 55 cent a gallon gas tax roads. Where they can't even plow them at that steep price anymore.

Pushing the buckle up doesn't work, it falls down again. So now it has me thinking about stretching some kind of sound absorbent upholstery over all those large plastic panels.

Ironically, with all the vehicles I have owned or driven, never had this problem before. Should I contact Stacy or see my dealer? One cure would be to buckle that belt after my wife leaves. Or find someone else to ride with me, LOL.

·
Administrator
15,743 Posts

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Every GM I've owned has had this or similar problems with the passenger seat belt. I usually notice it with the windows down on the highway when the wind causes the belt to vibrate.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Walmart sells a seat belt comfort pad that might work. The picture below shows one on my Jeep - it stops the belt flapping when I roll down the windows. It only cost $3 so it might be worth a try.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Walmart sells a seat belt comfort pad that might work. The picture below shows one on my Jeep - it stops the belt flapping when I roll down the windows. It only cost $3 so it might be worth a try.
I wonder if I can get that somewhere besides Walmart. I stopped shopping walmart when they upped the cost of medical coverage to their employees in the same month they gave huge bonuses to their executives.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Banged on the doors, couldn't reproduce it. Occurred, never rattled when wife was in the car, maybe her seat was loose, no luck there either. And was also random.

Turned out when she releases her safety belt, at times, doesn't lie flat against the bulkhead. But at an angle with that plastic buckle banging against that plastic wall. Laying it flat solved most of the noise, but will still hit that plastic if you have to drive on our 55 cent a gallon gas tax roads. Where they can't even plow them at that steep price anymore.

Pushing the buckle up doesn't work, it falls down again. So now it has me thinking about stretching some kind of sound absorbent upholstery over all those large plastic panels.

Ironically, with all the vehicles I have owned or driven, never had this problem before. Should I contact Stacy or see my dealer? One cure would be to buckle that belt after my wife leaves. Or find someone else to ride with me, LOL.

NickD,
If you would like me to look into this for you please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer. I would be happy to assist you. Please keep me posted. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
I wonder if I can get that somewhere besides Walmart. I stopped shopping walmart when they upped the cost of medical coverage to their employees in the same month they gave huge bonuses to their executives.
LOL! We stopped shopping at WalMart because it is nearly impossible to get out of the store with 3 of about 50 registers open...it's insane!

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
LOL! We stopped shopping at WalMart because it is nearly impossible to get out of the store with 3 of about 50 registers open...it's insane!
:iagree: It's the SAME here in CT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts