Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Cruze LT VCDi 2.0 Diesel Automatic.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have the following 3 issues and I was wondering (a) How easy/cheap they'll be to fix, and (b) Whether I need to go to a Chevy/GM dealer to get the best chance of fixing it.

1. The boot (sorry, trunk) won't open from the button on the car; it unlocks fine from the button on the key.

2. The mirrors won't electrically fold back when I pull back the mirror switch in the centre position; to be fair I don't even know if that facility is fitted to my car - but the button DOES move backwards.

3. I don't think the daytime running lights are coming on - is there a switch/button-press combination to enable them? I was sure they WERE working before...

Thanks!

Administrator
Hi - I have the following 3 issues and I was wondering (a) How easy/cheap they'll be to fix, and (b) Whether I need to go to a Chevy/GM dealer to get the best chance of fixing it.

1. The boot (sorry, trunk) won't open from the button on the car; it unlocks fine from the button on the key.
This is a common issue with the Gen 1 Cruze. The button gets corroded and ceases to work.

2. The mirrors won't electrically fold back when I pull back the mirror switch in the centre position; to be fair I don't even know if that facility is fitted to my car - but the button DOES move backwards.
Not a feature of the car - the button is a generic 360[SUP]o[/SUP] joystick. When the mirror selector is in the center it does nothing.

3. I don't think the daytime running lights are coming on - is there a switch/button-press combination to enable them? I was sure they WERE working before...

Thanks!
You can check this by starting the car, putting in gear, and then into neutral. Set the hand brake and get out and look at your head lights.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On point 2 - I didn't invent it LOL it's in the owner's manual; however that covers a whole bunch of models and optional extras.

I'll try that trick with the gears and handbrake - thanks.

Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
On point 2 - I didn't invent it LOL it's in the owner's manual; however that covers a whole bunch of models and optional extras.
I was going to say that this is an option overseas, but you beat me to it. I actually considered adding one to the passenger side to facilitate in curb avoidance.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm still unsure whether or not i have it; I've asked Chevrolet UK to clarify.

RE: Daytime running lights: mystery solved: I don't have them!! I must have been seeing the headlamps come on, very early evening/late afternoon and thinking it was them.

Reactions: Merc6

If the overseas market is anything like the US, GM didn't think the EXTERIOR trunk button needed to be water proof from the elements until the end of February 2014 when they started installing them on the 2014 models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.