Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Thumbs Up! and Pix

Tags
pix thumbs
5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  GE Axiom 
#1 ·
On my way to the beach earlier Sunday morning, always a nice drive in the Cruze, a WRX pulled aside me rolled down his window, pointed to his roof, then signaled a thumbs up. Assuming he was talking about my roof it was a cool moment. I'm used to thumbs up in the Camaro but in my Cruze this has never happened. Then once at the beach a Firetruck honked their horn and out of the passager side comes a hand pointing at my car with again, a thumbs up. Lol just thought I would share.

See less See more
#3 ·
I get waves and salutes from other Cruzes but the general public pays little attention to me most of the time... Unless Im behind them and they are taking the time to read "SLOWER TRAFFIC --->" on my wind shield. Maybe it's just the pics like XR says but love the car. Blacked out roof blacked out bowties... simple but elegant. Well done sir.

#6 ·
Thats what I was going for simple. Thanks :)
Big fan of the matte roof. Do you have a diffuser or did you plasti that as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks, the diffuser is just dipped.
I only dislike that the roof is matte, otherwise looks clean and well done!
Thanks! I only wanted matte because of all the other plasti-dip/matte on the car.
Nice! Are your rear lights tinted, or is it just the pictures?
Thanks! They only look that way in the pictures. They are bright red still. Editing makes them that way.

#7 ·
**** you painted those hub cabs really nice... Good job on all those exterior mods, i rarely get a thumbs up down here man. Everybody is too selfish. I once got stopped by a Cruze white like yours, and he asked me where i got my bowtie inserts and he then floored it without a thanks.

#10 ·
Thanks everyone!

That guy sounds like a douche, just saying. Yea my broke ass had too many bills come tax return so I just kept the wheels on the wish list sadly.

#14 ·
Posted in my own thread the other day.... But I was pulled over the other day because the cop wanted to know where I got my fogs. He was going to get them for his sister who had recently gotten a Cruze. Lol figured was worth sharing. Also curious as to plast/paint though. Either way ... Looking sexy.
It's actually vinyl wrap. Way easier than both plati/paint.
i love getting the thumbs ups :th_dblthumb2: breaking necks is a much better feeling.
True! I probably have only had a couple of those.

#12 ·
Posted in my own thread the other day.... But I was pulled over the other day because the cop wanted to know where I got my fogs. He was going to get them for his sister who had recently gotten a Cruze. Lol figured was worth sharing. Also curious as to plast/paint though. Either way ... Looking sexy.

#15 · (Edited)
Vinyl.... Very nice, wasnt my first guess. I've dealt with some vinyl and yes ... so easy a drunken 8 year old with downs could do it. Subtle and elegant as Iv already said well done :)

#17 ·
I will be doing this! Looks clean! How much did it it set you back? Your spoiler us plasti dipped though right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The spoiler is actually aftermarket from ebay. The spoiler is the same color code black as Chevy has for the black Cruze. The roof was about $40 did myself. Dip is like $5 a can and the spoiler maybe $120? It's been awhile so I could be off.

#19 ·
Please post pics when done GE I like where you are going with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.