Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ticking noise in my engine while idling when first starts it’s worse. There has always been a noise sense new the dealer told me it was the injectors when I first got it now have 190k km works fine no check engine like and has never had one one. The noise is just seeming to get louder and I am curious If anyone has heard of injectors causing a noise. With mileage creeping up I want to make sure I stay on top of everything. I drove 200km a day and rely on this car. It has been reliable all along. And I want to keep it that way

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Fuel injectors indeed make quite a click and will be louder in cold weather since they are delivering a richer fuel mixture till the engine is up to temperature.

Just the way it is.....no worries.

Rob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok good. I am a tech who works on Diesel engine for peterbilt trucks and typically ticks indicate something out of adjustment or a faulty injector. And with my fuel mileage dropping the past year I been starting to question the noise more so.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Ok good. I am a tech who works on Diesel engine for peterbilt trucks and typically ticks indicate something out of adjustment or a faulty injector. And with my fuel mileage dropping the past year I been starting to question the noise more so.
I baby sit a couple of Petes and a bunch of Cats (take a look at our site, johler demolition) and one Mack just to keep me on my toes.
All that to ask: How in the world can you hear anything 'tick' after a a day surrounded by that rackett? Heh heh.

So, since you have a bit of background, these have loosened a spark plug from time to time....sounds like a real loose valve and is one of those, I heard it yesterday but not today kinda things.....a result of the aluminum head expanding/contracting around the plug threads.

Beyond that anomoly, just injector tick.

Rob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I baby sit a couple of Petes and a bunch of Cats (take a look at our site, johler demolition) and one Mack just to keep me on my toes.
All that to ask: How in the world can you hear anything 'tick' after a a day surrounded by that rackett? Heh heh.

So, since you have a bit of background, these have loosened a spark plug from time to time....sounds like a real loose valve and is one of those, I heard it yesterday but not today kinda things.....a result of the aluminum head expanding/contracting around the plug threads.

Beyond that anomoly, just injector tick.

Rob
I drive 100km per way to work. I like quiet after working on that “rackett” so evey sound gets annoying.
But honestly after running an engine all day today at 1700 rpm with injector line capped off and listening to the knocks I didn’t hear the tick.
i work at a dealership and most everything now is muffled pretty good with “AFTERTREATMENT”

1 - 5 of 5 Posts