Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used 2014 Chevy Cruz not the many miles and lately after I shut the car off the engine been making some ticking sound ...I don't know what it is..does anybody know ?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just bought a used 2014 Chevy Cruz not the many miles and lately after I shut the car off the engine been making some ticking sound ...I don't know what it is..does anybody know ?
Oil draining down. Parts settling.

Normal stuff.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So what explains a clock like ticking under the open hood on a car that hasn't even been started in over a day? It lasted maybe a minute before stopping. 2018 Cruze LT Hatchback.

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
664 Posts
I have a whine noise that goes for a few minutes ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
So what explains a clock like ticking under the open hood on a car that hasn't even been started in over a day? It lasted maybe a minute before stopping. 2018 Cruze LT Hatchback.
Two later thoughts.
1) If I had enemies I should have ran fast before the bomb timer went off.
2) Possibly an analog timer shutting off interior lights since I'd just had the driver door open to pop the hood release?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine squeeks/whines for about 2-4 minutes in short burst EVERY time I shut it off. I call it "the puppy under the hood," because it sounds like a puppy whimpering.

Dealer "could not duplicate"....even though, as I said, it happens EVERY TIME I shut the car off.

Found video of guy jumping out of his cruze and recording same noise. Apparently it is the turbo fan or something shutting down.

Never caused a problem, just weird.

I have a whine noise that goes for a few minutes ?

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
664 Posts
Mine squeeks/whines for about 2-4 minutes in short burst EVERY time I shut it off. I call it "the puppy under the hood," because it sounds like a puppy whimpering.

Dealer "could not duplicate"....even though, as I said, it happens EVERY TIME I shut the car off.

Found video of guy jumping out of his cruze and recording same noise. Apparently it is the turbo fan or something shutting down.

Never caused a problem, just weird.
Yea I never figured it out. I think its somthing with the radio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts