Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace the OEM Firestone's on my daughter 2013 Cruze. I am looking for a tire that will have
great handling in wet and light snow conditions. She is a new driver and this would be a number one
priority. Any suggestions from people who live in snowy areas?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=GTAS

I like the top 3 in this list. The Pirelli is more of a ride comfort oriented tire; the Conti PureContact is more of a handling tire. The Premier A/S is somewhere in between - and pricey. The cool thing the Michelins do is uncover new sipes as the tread wears down to 4/32" so that traction does not degrade. I do find them a bit noisy, though.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
I have Continental True Contacts on my 2013 RS and General Altimax RT43s on my 2014 LT. Both handle well haven't had any snow to try them in yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone else from a snowy region that had tires last year that they were very happy with in snow and rain?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,910 Posts
Anyone else from a snowy region that had tires last year that they were very happy with in snow and rain?
Yes, our winter tires, haha.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I live four hours north of you and have driven your stretches of I81 and I90 in snow storms.

This is the only tire I can recommend that will keep your daughter safe in all weather conditions. https://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-wrg3/

It is not always easy to get - and is not inexpensive. But it is less expensive than an insurance deductible: either auto or health.

Reactions: MP81
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.