Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tackled the timing belt themselves? Also has where has everbody found cheapest fuel filters?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Been doing my own timing belts since 1980, sure helps to sign up for an alldata.com for a subscription and rockauto.com has been kind to me for parts, good range of choices, prefer Gates. Worse problems are the tensionser and idler pulley if they have the latter. Call these limited lubricated ball bearings.

If they seize, pop goes the belt, and not good in an interference engine.

Cheap? Look for good name brand parts for the lowest prices. With the Cruze, look for Delco parts, armed with the part number, can do a net search for the lowest price, but also have to watch out of S&H extras, that H can cost you an arm and a leg.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I've seen off-brand fuel filters on eBay for $45 or so, right alongside the OEM ones for $79. For something as critical as this, I'm perfectly happy spending the extra money on the OEM filter. Injector pumps are hella expensive.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've seen off-brand fuel filters on eBay for $45 or so, right alongside the OEM ones for $79. For something as critical as this, I'm perfectly happy spending the extra money on the OEM filter. Injector pumps are hella expensive.

I found out the hard way that injectors aren't cheap, either :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
How often should the fuel filter be replaced?
In the diesel, about every 1,000 gal of fuel used. There is a monitor on the DIC that gives you the percent of filter life remaining.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
In the diesel, about every 1,000 gal of fuel used. There is a monitor on the DIC that gives you the percent of filter life remaining.
1,000 gallons or two years whichever comes first.
I'm in a gasser though so wasn't sure. I like running my tank down so feel like I should replace it sooner than later. I have just shy of 69k on the car. Just rough estimate that comes in over 1600 gallons of gas. Seeing as I'm a second owner and they didn't manage 40 mpg lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts