Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze 2.0 Diesel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent several hours searching every possible web-site that I can think of or find to answer the question of " is the 2.0 diesel engine interference fit or not?". Sadly I have found no real technical documents from any one with the answer.

I have found some very clear circumstantial evidence that says it is a interference fit engine.

Look at the picture attached, it shows the 2.0 diesel engine in cut-away view, the close proximity of the pistons and valves at TDC, any valve stroke into the combustion chamber would result in contact, however this cut-away may be staged for appearance and not be functionally accurate.

Having been a master ASE automotive mechanic for over 25 years, both diesel and gas, I would call it interference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,884 Posts
As far as I knew it was an interference engine.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Just about all diesel engines are interference engines. That is how they are able to get the higher compression ratios. I know for a fact the LUZ engine is an interference engine. This is why they have selective head gaskets. I was looking at GM Service Information, and I could not the specific words stating it is an interference fit engine. However, I do recall learning that is was an interference fit engine during training.

Reactions: Rivergoer
1 - 4 of 4 Posts