Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this was asked before, I have searched all over the forum but cant seem to find the answer.

Does anyone know if my car has timing belt or chain? it is Chevy Cruze LT 1.6 petrol (auto) if you wana more info please just ask.

If it has a timing belt, I am thinking of changing it, can you point me to a good instruction/tutorial of the procedure please?

Thanks
Abaaba

·
Registered
215 Posts
Appears it's a belt. Check parts sources and see if they list a kit.

Reactions: pacolino

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
Does the engine have a turbo? My daughter has a 1.6 turbo hatchback.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone done a timing belt change here and wrote good DIY tutorial? most Haynes service manual I have seen on 3bay are aimed at North American, USA and Canada cars, am I ok to buy one of these? I am assuming there wont be that much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
Has anyone done a timing belt change here and wrote good DIY tutorial? most Haynes service manual I have seen on 3bay are aimed at North American, USA and Canada cars, am I ok to buy one of these? I am assuming there wont be that much of a difference.
The link that jblackburn put on is not for the North American cars as they don't have a 1.6 engine.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,208 Posts
The link that jblackburn put on is not for the North American cars as they don't have a 1.6 engine.
The 1.8 and 1.6 non turbo engines are nearly identical - same engine family, different displacement. The timing belt procedure should be the same between the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts