Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have looked all over the forums and trying to find something about replacing the timing front cover gasket and can't find anything. Maybe because there are so many posts..

Anyway What I really needed to know is do we have to pull the whole timing chain off to replace the gasket ? or can we just remove the front cover and slip it under the chain for example??.

Any info or guides would be great.

TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
If anyone is wonder about this still yes you will need the timing kit for the 1.4 around 60$ on Amazon the timing chain will need to come off if you plan on replacing the timing cover gasket also you should get a new seal for the crank pulley just in case. Also make sure you use some penetrating oil on the threaded parts for the alternator bolts and be very careful you don't break an ear off one of them...don't ask me how I know🙄 Pretty sure it's a e10 for most of the bolts other than the tensioner alternator and two bolts on the lower right hand of the cover, also you have to remove the ac compressor and bracket. Think that's it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.