Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hit 90K on the wifes D with the factory GY Assurance fuel max's Just curious if anybody has changed tires already. Did you notice any MPG's changes if you changed MFG's from the ULtra low rolling tires to something else. Didn't want to piss away some money if its all marketing hype. Figuring it says its saves you about 2600 miles which comes out at 40 mpg like $160.00 for the life of the tire in fuel.

Thanks

RS

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,119 Posts
I switched to Kumho Ecsta PA31 tires at around 30,000 miles (The OEM Goodyears weren't working out in the Iowa/Minnesota winters). They aren't certified as LRR, but they actually got equal or better fuel economy than 3 LRR tires in the tirerack.com test I read, so I wasn't too worried about not having the LRR designation. I'm happier with the traction of the new tire, especially in wet or snow, and I have seen identical fuel mileage to when I had the OEM Goodyears on.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
CruzeEcoBlueTopaz just reported that he took a 5 MPG hit switching to the Goodyear Triple Treads from his FuelMax Assurance. If anyone would notice a hit he would with over 400,000 miles driven.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just hit 90K
90K miles? Wow! I'm at 65K kilometers and am thinking that the tires have one more summer in them. I'll replace when they hit the wear bars. Were yours at or below the wear bars?

I notice a hit when changing from all season to winters. I have Conti Winter Contact Si's on for the winter. They are inflated to 260 kPa (39 psi) as the note on the door says.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
I replaced my Fuel Max with Triple Treads and couldn't stand the ride at 30K so I am back to the Fuel Max and have about 50K on them now and thinking about the upcoming winter as that was why I replaced first time at 30K. The Michelin Defenders sound interesting to me. Of course I really never got that great of MPG anyway but it is getting better now. Just thinking about traction in the snow if we get any.

·
10,712 Posts
I went through 2 sets of the OEM tires and decided to venture off to another tire. After asking a bunch or people and getting totally different tire recommendations, I went to tire rack and looked over a bunch of tires in same price range as the OEM and found a set. My MPG hasn't changed much granted I also went from the 70 diamond Eco manual grille to the Z Spec grille same time frame. The tires I went with were BF Goodrich G Force Comp-2 A/S. Grip was night and day dry, rain and the little bit of snow that we got here in the last few days.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Im just above the wear bars, With winter about to come they need to go if it was summer I'd get another 7500 out of them I guess. I keep them at 40-41psi and rotate them at every oil change. I have been happy with the wear etc. Due for an alignment with this new set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts