Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a problem with my rear passenger right side tire pressure monitor its saying my tire is low and it's not very accurate it's off by about 10 pounds

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well you should probably have them replaced, when one starts acting up or goes low on battery, the others will likely follow soon.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
You’ll get a constant TPMS error if you just run without them. They are inexpensive and it will only take a few minutes for a shop to swap it out and program it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tire was low bye 2 pounds and the monitor was off bye 10 pounds. When the tires are correct the monitors are pretty accurate bye 1 pound.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I've been having a problem with my rear passenger right side tire pressure monitor its saying my tire is low and it's not very accurate it's off by about 10 pounds
Check all the tires. The display says "rear passenger" but the tires might have been rotated and the TPMS wasn't updated. In other words, it might be a different tire that's low.

·
Registered
527 Posts
How do you update the system ?
In the past, you could re-sync the tires to the computer using a process that involved letting the air out of the tires, one at a time. Needless to say, that was a pain. But that was one way to do it on my Impalas.

Looking at my 2013 Cruze's owner's manual, it only lists using a special TPMS learning tool. I bought one on Amazon for less than 20 bucks shipped.

Mine does Fords and Chevys, which takes care of my entire fleet.

You select the learning process using the blinker stalk, then position the tool at each tire beginning with the LF and going clockwise around the car. Takes just a few minutes. Refer to the owner's manual for more details.

HTH
Doug

JDiag 2IN1 TPMS Relearn Tool Super EL50448 for GM and Ford Tire Pressure Relearn Sensor TPMS Tire Reset Tool

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
I just got back from my Chiropractor and we were discussing this subject between vertebrate adjustments. I would say 75% of all Dealer servicing s including Rotations are NOT done correctly. It takes a few extra minutes to re calibrate the sensors and most mechanics don't give a $hit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts