Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some nice snow tires on rims for my 2015 Cruze. It doesn't have TPS in the rims, just standard valves. Guy said the light will be on in the dash. I know my wife will make a stink over this in her new car. I priced out sensors and I figure $200 out of my pocket....Question is, is there a way to turn off the tire light short of the black tape over the light trick? I know I could explain to her that it means nothing and that I check the pressures frequently anyways.....but.....women......:RantExplode:

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,017 Posts
No, there's not.

The MSRs/Fuel Maxes we run in the spring/summer/fall do not have operational TPMS sensors (stock wheels and Xi3s for winter do), so we have to clear the message every time, along with the Service Side Detection message. You get used to it real quick. It's my wife's car that she drives every day, and it does not bother her.

It's also not just a light, it's also message on the DIC, so you'd have to tape over the entire screen. You can clear it with the menu button on the stalk - very easy.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
You can put the summer wheels in the trunk.
When she tells you to put them in the basement so she can use her trunk, do it.
When she complains about the TPMS error messages, tell her she'll just have to live with it until spring because she didn't want the TPMS wheels in the trunk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A guy at work says the TPS system can be shut off with the scanner he has....This guy shoots the sheet "occasionally", so not sure if I believe him. Anyone heard of being able to do this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.