Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i'm new to Cruze Talk & I am loving the community so far! I have a quick question about tires/Rims that have been covered by many but with many contradictions.

Okay so.. I have a 2014 Cruze 2lt and want to get a set of Beefy tires to go with it. What size tire would fit without rubbing on an 18X8.5 rim? (40 Offset) I was thinking 235/45/18. I also want to slightly lower my cruze in the future. Do I have the wheel-well space?

If anybody has some info, pictures or measurement suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks guys

PS: What size tires are you guys running?

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
You will clear just fine. I ran that exact setup for over a year at stock height, and then slammed on coilovers.

As of right now, I'm running a 235/40/18 on a 18x9.5" square setup with +26 front, and +35 rear offset.

Reactions: GMMillwright

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys.

So i have a 12 eco with stock 215 55r17's i also have my wife's old winter tires off her Camaro. Now I know the rims wont fit, but can i mount a 225 55r16 on my cruze?

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
Hi Guys.

So i have a 12 eco with stock 215 55r17's i also have my wife's old winter tires off her Camaro. Now I know the rims wont fit, but can i mount a 225 55r16 on my cruze?
Yes, however you will need a 16" wheel, and the speedometer/odomoeter will be thrown off due to the change in over all tire diameter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts