Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Did an inspection on mine today and the driver front (one in picture I posted) has a pronounced knock when rocking the tire back and forth. The passenger front doesn't do it. I was under the car while someone rocked the tire and it sounds like it's coming from the steering rack so the inner tie rod end is probably going out. I'm just going to take it in and have it done, inners are too much work.

The tire was really bad though so I moved it to the back and hopefully I can still get another 10-20k out of it. At least I have some answers now.
Crazy how something so small and hard to detect while in cab can cause so much wear. Mine in the pics posted ^ aren’t bad for 40k and aggressive driving and occasional auto x

·
Registered
517 Posts
Starting doing my inner tie rods today. Rented the tube style removal tool from Auto Zone. You put a crows foot type wrench fitting on the tie rod nut and slide a tube over it and it locks in with the ears. The "OEM" brand tool is an absolute piece of trash. The end is so worn out that it can't hold the crows foot from twisting open enough to skip. I was able to get both sides off but I can't get them back on to torque spec. I'm going to buy the U clamp style adapter from Auto Zone tomorrow because there's no way that one will slip.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts