Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

to much wrong with my car...

Tags
car wrong
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  UpstateNYBill 
#1 ·
I noticed a loud whistling noise coming from my car last week. We believe it is a pulley going out but not sure which one. The same day that happened my check engine light came on and I had it checked and they said it's an 02 sensor and a vacuum leak somewhere. Now the car is idling kinda high and sputters when I come to a stop. I feel like its going to die on me when I stop. It's a 2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ. Any suggestions on what I can check before buying all those parts?

#4 ·
Most likely the PCV valve. It would explain both. However, you have to replace the whole valve cover. The good news is that's covered by the powertrain warranty. At 52,000 miles, it's still in effect.

The vacuum leak messes up the car's ability to set air/fuel ratio, and can cause the O2 code.

#6 ·
Hi Kim,

Very sorry for the recent and unexpected concerns with your Cruze. If you need additional assistance and would like for us to get in touch with the dealership, feel free to send us a private message. Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

We look forward to your updates.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.