Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

to tune or not to tune

3744 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  marty68
Hello Cruze owners. I am new to THIS forum. I am taking delivery of a gently used 30k mile Cruze lt with rs package sun roof etc. in victory red.
my question is, (yes I have used the search function) what tune to use and should I use a canned tune.
I like the idea of the trifecta tune's cruise on cruise off functions.
does the "cruise on= tune off" mean everything including shift points remain as the general assigned them?
I should state I drive 55 miles each way to work. the freeway is 1 mile 1 stop sign from my house. the parking lot at work is 1 mile 2 stop signs from the freeway.
My car I am retiring ( to nephew) is a great running best car I ever owned 2004 Saturn ion quad coupe with 240k and still has original rear brakes.
Thanks for you responses in advance
Marty

Attachments

Reactions: jsusanka
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Definitely tune. I would suggest BNR though. The tune is still very simple to switch to stock. Even though it's not an on off button, it will take no more than 2 minutes to switch over. BNR will extract more power than any other company while still keeping things safe for your engine. Mine is tuned for 94 octane.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.