Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
When I gently apply the brake to back up or release the brake after switching to Drive, I hear a mild tone that sounds like its coming from the front end some where. I do not know how to describe it other then its not a grinding noise or some other sort of "typical" break noise, but more like a computerized noise. it last for a few seconds (Even when I am no long on the brake) but then goes any.

Does anyone else have this? I do not believe this happens to my wife's cruze, but I have not spent enough time in hers to listen long enough.

Thanks,
RalphTrent

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Yeah, it was deemed as normal since we all heard it. There was a post somewhere about it. It sounds like a pressure relief to me, some type of hiss. Others described it differently but always some type of sound when using the brake, usually only heard at lower speeds with the window down

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I do hear it at low speeds, but my windows have been up. Ill assume its the same thing. now if I can only find out why my rear brakes make a knocking sound when coming to a stop Ill be alright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts